Returning to USA after few years on previous H1 B?

ashishsm

Hello ,

I was working with an architectural firm in Baltimore on H1 B Visa after my Graduation in USA.

My I-797 A was valid from 06/28/2008 to 09/30/2010. But because of company lay-off matter I came to India on 17Nov 2008 and staying in India since then.
Now I am planning to join a new company in Baltimore. So is it possible for me to use that H1B again as I have not utilised remaing days (whole period) which was approved on I-797 A for me at that time.

Can you please guide?

Thank you,

Ashish

Hello ,

I was working with an architectural firm in Baltimore on H1 B Visa after my Graduation in USA.

My I-797 A was valid from 06/28/2008 to 09/30/2010. But because of company lay-off matter I came to India on 17Nov 2008 and staying in India since then.

Now I am planning to join a new company in Baltimore. So is it possible for me to use that H1B again as I have not utilised remaing days (whole period) which was approved on I-797 A for me at that time.

Can you please guide?

Thank you,

Ashish

Yes, you can. Your new employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition and on approval with an unexpired H1B visa and new I797 you can enter US and work for new employer.

Hello ,

Can you please guide?

Thank you,

Ashish

based on the way I interpret your quesn, you want to calim the "unused" period of about 1 year and nine months from 08 sept to 09/10, NOW...

no. not possible...

Archived