Kingston, Jamaica: H1B Interview Experience & Complete Report

ramkashyap

^ But don't Indian citizens need a Schengen visa to transit through Germany?

Simple answer will be NO. 

When transiting through Germany, a transit visa is NOT required under the following circumstances:

1. If you hold a valid, unexpired US Visa (eg: If you have an unexpired F1 stamped in your Passport but switched your status to H1 that is fine)

2. If you return to your country of citizenship after a legal stay in the US.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kashyap,

Thanks for all the info that you provided.

I have my passport with expired visa stamping (expired on june 2013). I got my new petition papers which is approved till Feb 27 2014. Is this the scenario of an invalid visa described above?

Do you think I have to buy a ticket for Jamaica (where I am going for stamping) and one return ticket to India.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kashyap,

As you said "My friend did not have a valid Visa and he was forced to purchase a return ticket to India".

Can you please let us know how did you brought that ticket , I mean did in which airlines did you brought that..since you would be in the Immigration line and how did your friend dealt with buying that ticket.

It would be more helpful if you can please give us some more info on that.

Thanks,

Naresh

Hi Kashyap,

As you said "My friend did not have a valid Visa and he was forced to purchase a return ticket to India".

Can you please let us know how did you brought that ticket , I mean did in which airlines did you brought that..since you would be in the Immigration line and how did your friend dealt with buying that ticket.

It would be more helpful if you can please give us some more info on that.

Thanks,

Naresh

If the immigration officer asks for a return fare you will be made to wait in a waiting area and a separate officer will ask you tu buy the ticket. They will let you use a computer and book the ticket. There are flights from Kingston to Toronto, Canada (Air Canada), and then to India via Europe(Air Canada, Lufthansa etc). I assume you do not have to worry about transit visa thru EU in this context.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Kasyap,

I have H1B issued for consular Processing to go to vancouver consulate.My old h1b and I-94 both expired and extension applied got denied and filed new h1b under consular process where i got approved without I-94 for 3 years now can i change consulate and go for Jamaica or need to go to india since i dont have Vancouver visa.

Kasyap,

I have H1B issued for consular Processing to go to vancouver consulate.My old h1b and I-94 both expired and extension applied got denied and filed new h1b under consular process where i got approved without I-94 for 3 years now can i change consulate and go for Jamaica or need to go to india since i dont have Vancouver visa.

I honestly have no idea on what the consular process is and your case. Sorry I cannot be of help. 

• 1 month later...

Kashyap - Thanks a lot of your post. I am traveling to Kingston , Jamaica with family ( wife and kid) to get our Visas stamped. Could you please send me the details of the BnB place and the cab drivers details , you were referring to in your post.

Thank You

Chaitanya

Archived