H1b Stamping in India

sanonh1b

Hello Everybody,

I did my MS in USA. I am a contractor working thru a consultancy at the client location. I got my first H1B approved (But only for 1 year. i.e. from 1st Oct 2013 to 30th sept 2014.)

I am planning to go to India in November/ December.

Can anybody advise whether it is OK or not to go to india and get my H1b Stamping done. Since I got my H1b only for 1 year I am confused whether to get the stamping done in Canada/Mexico/India ?

Suggestions please

Thank you

santosh

Hello Everybody,

I did my MS in USA. I am a contractor working thru a consultancy at the client location. I got my first H1B approved (But only for 1 year. i.e. from 1st Oct 2013 to 30th sept 2014.)

I am planning to go to India in November/ December.

Can anybody advise whether it is OK or not to go to india and get my H1b Stamping done. Since I got my H1b only for 1 year I am confused whether to get the stamping done in Canada/Mexico/India ?

Suggestions please

Thank you

santosh

You can go to India.

I do not think it matters where you get the visa. I suspect if you discuss your situation with a Lawyer and get all suggested documents your chances are better.

Thank you for your response. My VISA is approved only for one year. I heard that the chances of stamping rejections are high in India when compared to Canada. Is that true?

Archived