Travel on previous employer H1-B

daliangaurav

Hello,

I need some help on the H1-B and visa stamp.

Currently, I am on H1-B visa for company A and my visa expires in 07/2015. I am about to change my employment to Company B and I have to travel to India in 3 months for my wedding. I will be applying my H1-B in premium processing so that I can get my H1-B approval letter before the wedding.

My questions are -

1. Do I have to get the visa stamped under Company B by visiting the consulate or can I use my current visa stamped under Company A with the new I-797 while returning?
  2. Also, for the H4 of my wife then, will I need to get a new visa stamped or can she apply her H4 ?

Thanks. 

Hello,

I need some help on the H1-B and visa stamp.

Currently, I am on H1-B visa for company A and my visa expires in 07/2015. I am about to change my employment to Company B and I have to travel to India in 3 months for my wedding. I will be applying my H1-B in premium processing so that I can get my H1-B approval letter before the wedding.

My questions are -

1. Do I have to get the visa stamped under Company B by visiting the consulate or can I use my current visa stamped under Company A with the new I-797 while returning?
  2. Also, for the H4 of my wife then, will I need to get a new visa stamped or can she apply her H4 ?

Thanks. 

1. No

2. She can apply for a H4.

Archived