Canada Visitor visa(TRV) Timeline

ramukias

Hope this helps to understand the Canada visitor visa processing time.

Applied online: 09/06/2013
Passport request received: 09/16/2013

Passport sent to NY : 09/17/2013

​Passport received by NY : 09/18/2013

​Passport received with stamp: 09/28/2013

Applied for multiple entry visit visa online and got it for 5 years(Until Passport Expiry date).

Good luck!

Hi srp26,

Thanks for the post, it is very helpful.

I have applied for my extension and planning to visit Canada for stamping.

What documents do i need to apply on line for Canada visa? I was looking at one of the application question as : Under family information form: do i need to fill brother/sister /parents information still if they are not staying with me?

Is it possible for you to put it in step by step process that to be followed for Canada Visa? your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will2day!

Hi ramukias

Thanks for the post, it is very helpful.

I have applied for my extension and planning to visit Canada for stamping.

What documents do i need to apply on line for Canada visa? I was looking at one of the application question as : Under family information form: do i need to fill brother/sister /parents information still if they are not staying with me?

Is it possible for you to put it in step by step process that to be followed for Canada Visa? your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will2day!

will2day,

I have submitted the below documents.

1.Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257).

--It will be available online. you don't need to sign it manually.

2. Family Information (IMM5645)

--It will be available online. you don't need to sign it manually. You have to submit  this even if no one in your family is accompanying.

3. Proof of income  -- submitted last 6 paychecks

4. Purpose of travel 

--You can submit visa appointment letter and/or a letter saying that you will be attending visa interview

5. Itinerary, Travel

--If you have already booked the flight tickets submit them or if you haven't  booked the tickets submit a letter saying that the travel dates are tentative.

6. Proof of Means of Financial Support

-- Bank statements to cover your travel expenses.

7. Passport or travel document

-- Passport is enough

8. Digital Photo -- (35 mm x 45 mm size). use http://www.**********/ or photoshop to get the correct size.

9. Employment reference letter

-- Employment letter from your employer saying that you work for them.(not client)

They will not ask you to submit I797 copy but you have to submit it. I have attached it with my passport (used adobe to merge to docs).

Remember each document should not exceed 4MB, if your files are more than 4MB compress(I used adobe to compress).

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Timings to drop off the application at Canada Embassy ( Los Angeles )  were changed. Currently they are accepting the packages only between 8.00 to 10.00 AM ( Mon, Wed, Fri) .

I was late by half n hour and  posted my mail from near by post office via priority mail,  Application was reached to Embassy by 09/24.I am still waiting for my passport.

Have any one tried going to Embassy requesting for the status of application?

• 5 months later...

will2day,

I have submitted the below documents.

1.Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257).

--It will be available online. you don't need to sign it manually.

2. Family Information (IMM5645)

--It will be available online. you don't need to sign it manually. You have to submit  this even if no one in your family is accompanying.

3. Proof of income  -- submitted last 6 paychecks

4. Purpose of travel 

--You can submit visa appointment letter and/or a letter saying that you will be attending visa interview

5. Itinerary, Travel

--If you have already booked the flight tickets submit them or if you haven't  booked the tickets submit a letter saying that the travel dates are tentative.

6. Proof of Means of Financial Support

-- Bank statements to cover your travel expenses.

7. Passport or travel document

-- Passport is enough

8. Digital Photo -- (35 mm x 45 mm size). use http://www.**********/ or photoshop to get the correct size.

9. Employment reference letter

-- Employment letter from your employer saying that you work for them.(not client)

They will not ask you to submit I797 copy but you have to submit it. I have attached it with my passport (used adobe to merge to docs).

Remember each document should not exceed 4MB, if your files are more than 4MB compress(I used adobe to compress).

Hope this helps.

Hi ramukias, This post is very helpful. I would appreciate if you can share sample letter of "purpose of travel & itinerary latter "? I am applying for visitor visa for H1B stamping. I haven't taken date for H1B visa interview so I don't have visa appointment letter and travel itinerary. It will be very helpful if you can share those letter. my e-mail ID is "********@gmail.com"

Appreciate your help in advance. 

Thanks.

Archived