Flight ticket extension for my Parents (for B1 VISA Extension)

N_A

All,

My Parents came to my sister's place in(B-1 VISA) to west coast on June 15th 2013, they got the I-94 until Dec 15th 2013. I live in East coast, my parent's initial plan was to visit me and leave to India on Oct 6th 2013. So they booked the flight ticket with the return date of Oct 6th. But I became pregnant, my due date is Dec 24 2013, so my parents want to stay with me some more time and want to see the baby and leave. So I am planning to apply for their B1 Extension application by Oct last week (atleast 45 days before expiry as per few sites suggestion).

My Questions are :

1) To postpone the flight ticket, airlines need the return date before Oct 5th, can i get the flight ticket return date changed to March 2014 ? even before applying B1 Extension ? 

USCIS requires return ticket as a supporting document for B1 Extension application (I-539), when I submit the return flight ticket to USCIS, can return ticket have a  return date after the expiry date of current I-94 (assuming the extension will be approved). 

I need to decide this before Oct 5th 2013, friends kindly help and advise me here. Thanks ! 

2) Oct last week - Is this the right time frame to apply for B1 VISA Extension application ? 

All,

My Parents came to my sister's place in(B-1 VISA) to west coast on June 15th 2013, they got the I-94 until Dec 15th 2013. I live in East coast, my parent's initial plan was to visit me and leave to India on Oct 6th 2013. So they booked the flight ticket with the return date of Oct 6th. But I became pregnant, my due date is Dec 24 2013, so my parents want to stay with me some more time and want to see the baby and leave. So I am planning to apply for their B1 Extension application by Oct last week (atleast 45 days before expiry as per few sites suggestion).

My Questions are :

1) To postpone the flight ticket, airlines need the return date before Oct 5th, can i get the flight ticket return date changed to March 2014 ? even before applying B1 Extension ? 

USCIS requires return ticket as a supporting document for B1 Extension application (I-539), when I submit the return flight ticket to USCIS, can return ticket have a  return date after the expiry date of current I-94 (assuming the extension will be approved). 

I need to decide this before Oct 5th 2013, friends kindly help and advise me here. Thanks ! 

2) Oct last week - Is this the right time frame to apply for B1 VISA Extension application ? 

Your parents' extension petition will be denied as they do not have any valid reason to stay beyond authorized in I94. And, if your parents get denial notice for extension when they are still in US mostly your parents visitor visa will be canceled.

All,

My Questions are :

Kindly do not feel offended with my statement. If your due date is Dec 24, 2013 you would have known you were pregnant by April 2013 and you say your parents entered US in June 2013 without being aware of your situation. Things do not add up here. Forget about their extension.

Archived