CPT to H1b approved but Change of Status denied. SEVIS terminated. MTR pending.

dreamer123

My h1b got approved but COS got denied. My uni who has my CPT records will terminate my SEVIS starting October 1st, which means i will literally be out of status. Neither I am in F1 CPT or H1b... but my MTR is pending.

I have heard that i need to do SEVIS Reinstatement but how? I have also heard I need to go visa stamping, but can I even return now, since I am out of status?

Someone please advice! 

My h1b got approved but COS got denied. My uni who has my CPT records will terminate my SEVIS starting October 1st, which means i will literally be out of status. Neither I am in F1 CPT or H1b... but my MTR is pending.

I have heard that i need to do SEVIS Reinstatement but how? I have also heard I need to go visa stamping, but can I even return now, since I am out of status?

Someone please advice! 

Get advice from your school international graduate advisor for reinstatement. Its a direct process nothing to worry. If school fails to help you, you need to consult lawyer to get the paperwork done for you. Take action right now.

Someone please advice! 

Oct 1st is just two days away. MTR doesn't give you any legal status. Contact an attorney NOW, you should have attended visa interview once your COS was rejected.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived