Possible to do H1B transfer and travel ?

bosechn

Hi,

I am a candidate from India. My H1B was processed thru Employer A and I've even got my stamping. It was issued from 18 MAR 2011 to 30 DEC 2013. My US travel that was planned got cancelled in the last minute due to some serious issues in the client end and hence I never got a chance to use my visa.

Now I've moved to Employer B in India itself. Employer B has a US requirement and is willing to send me. Is it possible to transfer my H1B to Employer B and travel to the US? The project duration would be 1 year and we are not sure if the trip is going start before or after 30 DEC 2013 which is my visa expiration day. So how do we go about it? Should I go for stamping again?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am a candidate from India. My H1B was processed thru Employer A and I've even got my stamping. It was issued from 18 MAR 2011 to 30 DEC 2013. My US travel that was planned got cancelled in the last minute due to some serious issues in the client end and hence I never got a chance to use my visa.

Now I've moved to Employer B in India itself. Employer B has a US requirement and is willing to send me. Is it possible to transfer my H1B to Employer B and travel to the US? The project duration would be 1 year and we are not sure if the trip is going start before or after 30 DEC 2013 which is my visa expiration day. So how do we go about it? Should I go for stamping again?

Thanks!

Your employer B has to file a cap exempt H1B petition and get approval (I797). If you travel before 30 Dec 2013 (H1B visa expiry) you need to show your unexpired H1B visa and new I797 at port of entry (POE). If you are planning to travel after H1B visa expiry you need to apply for a new H1B visa.

Archived