Question regarding DS 160

Rainmaster

Hi, 

I am currently based out of Australia and work as a full time contract employee. The contract is coming up for termination by the end of this month ( 30th Sep)  

I had  applied for H1B petition in April , received an RFE that was responded by the attorney and upgraded to Premium Processing. The outcome of the petition should be known by 5th Oct( end of 15 days ).

Under the premises that USCIS produces a positive decision, my question is around filling up the DS 160 form. 

I will be between jobs ( unemployed)  from the 1st of Oct. What do you reckon should I update against the "Present employer" field on the DS 160 form? 

Do you also reckon being unemployed could hinder the chances during H1B visa stamping interview with the VO ? I intend to go for the interview ( H1b & H4 ) along with my family. 

Please advise. 

Cheers! 

Hi, 

I am currently based out of Australia and work as a full time contract employee. The contract is coming up for termination by the end of this month ( 30th Sep)  

I had  applied for H1B petition in April , received an RFE that was responded by the attorney and upgraded to Premium Processing. The outcome of the petition should be known by 5th Oct( end of 15 days ).

Under the premises that USCIS produces a positive decision, my question is around filling up the DS 160 form. 

I will be between jobs ( unemployed)  from the 1st of Oct. What do you reckon should I update against the "Present employer" field on the DS 160 form? 

Do you also reckon being unemployed could hinder the chances during H1B visa stamping interview with the VO ? I intend to go for the interview ( H1b & H4 ) along with my family. 

Please advise. 

Cheers! 

Since you are no longer working by then you can leave current/present employer as blank

Being unemployed will not affect your H1B visa.

Going with your family for visa interview (H1B & H4) should be fine

Archived