Do have approved 140 from old employer and new employer wants to file GC

Hi Gurus,

My Case is bit different, need all your experties !

2007 - applied for Labour substitute(EB3) along with 140, 140 got approved ( I do have only 140 receipt copy with me no approved 140 copy) in Mar 2009 left this company and went back to India,

joined India company and came back to US again on L1B visa in 2012, Now my present company is planning to start my GC, and my question are. 

1. Can i use the same approved 140 which my old company filed and got approved, do i need a approved copy ?

2. my last GC process was filed in EB3, can i change it to EB2 now with current GC process?

Thanks

Chandra

Hi Gurus,

My Case is bit different, need all your experties !

2007 - applied for Labour substitute(EB3) along with 140, 140 got approved ( I do have only 140 receipt copy with me no approved 140 copy) in Mar 2009 left this company and went back to India,

joined India company and came back to US again on L1B visa in 2012, Now my present company is planning to start my GC, and my question are. 

1. Can i use the same approved 140 which my old company filed and got approved, do i need a approved copy ?

2. my last GC process was filed in EB3, can i change it to EB2 now with current GC process?

Thanks

Chandra

(1) I believe you could use the priority date not sure whether you could use the same approved I140. I doubt that.

(2) If job description and your education as well as experience matches then you can

Archived