H1-B 221g toronto canada

justin9

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I am in the same boat as a lot of you people here.

My interview was on the 25th of September at the Toronto Consulate. I am an F1 student on OPT.

The VO asked me some things about my research, asked me about my funding situation, resume.

And then he gave me the yellow slip, with a batch number and told me it could take up to a month, maybe more.

It didn't appear he was interested in what I had to say and had made up his mind about 221G.

Since then, I've been checking the CEAC website. Similar to others on the list, the CEAC site showed that my case status got updated on the 16th, but there's not change in the language.

I've sent them 2-3 emails and they've said that there's nothing they can do, as some of you have said on this list.

I just hope after this wait they don't want to do 'additional processing'.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, knowing that there are others in the same boat and ~ same timeline as I am doesn't help alleviate the worry, but there is at least the knowledge that I am not alone in my situation.

Hello,

I am in the same boat as a lot of you people here.

My interview was on the 25th of September at the Toronto Consulate. I am an F1 student on OPT.

The VO asked me some things about my research, asked me about my funding situation, resume.

And then he gave me the yellow slip, with a batch number and told me it could take up to a month, maybe more.

It didn't appear he was interested in what I had to say and had made up his mind about 221G.

Since then, I've been checking the CEAC website. Similar to others on the list, the CEAC site showed that my case status got updated on the 16th, but there's not change in the language.

I've sent them 2-3 emails and they've said that there's nothing they can do, as some of you have said on this list.

I just hope after this wait they don't want to do 'additional processing'.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, knowing that there are others in the same boat and ~ same timeline as I am doesn't help alleviate the worry, but there is at least the knowledge that I am not alone in my situation.

dont worry dude......just hang in there!...everything will be fine. 

@all - i have no update as of 18th september 2013 at 1:24PM .... i will update if will get any 

I am also in the same boat. I have seen that my status dates are changing more frequently. My case was created on 30th September (my interview date) then on october 10th and now i have seen october 16th. Does it mean, it is under the microscope of FBI database? As far as I know, everything is resolved by DHS. Thanks for updates, sharing with us...

I think, maintaining a status in USA is painful....

Same boat guys. Interviewed on sept 9, 9:00 am i thought it would be lucky 999. But put on AP. Took our passport stamp our visitors visa with cancelled without prejudice and kept by VO. Until now no response and she didnt ask any documents. 5 weeks had pass .....

@Donskee - thanks for posting your case dude.... so looks like you are the first one so far in the queue... my interview was on 11 September...so i will hear from consulate after you get some communication ...or maybe at the same time ...

can you please post more details of your case ... 221g color ...i am assuming passport is with you and with VO 

@Donskee - thanks for posting your case dude.... so looks like you are the first one so far in the queue... my interview was on 11 September...so i will hear from consulate after you get some communication ...or maybe at the same time ...

can you please post more details of your case ... 221g color ...i am assuming passport is with you and with VO

i am getting very frustrated hr by hr now... 42 days!! ... i wish nobody should have to wait this long...

exactly...i just dont understand why people have to wait so long to get a background check done...I was checking in checkee, and a lot of people in the Chinese embassies seem to be getting their visas in 35 days...i just dont understand why us being in Canada have to wait longer. Anyway, there is nothing we can do other than wait..let us know when you get an update. Did you email the embassy again since you 2 updates and then nothing happened..

Archived