H1-B 221g toronto canada

justin9

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Justin9 and Kalyan_Chakri31:

Did you hear anything on your case yet ? My visa interview was on October 2 and got 221g Yellow slip. VO kept my 797 but returned my passport.

I am still waiting.

From the above table I guess we need to wait atleast 41-47 days and then see?

@cukegene: your case in Toronto or any other city?

@Justin: i have no idea where is the process done. but good news is that the govt. shutdown is not affecting the processing. because few cases got resolved in last couple of weeks lets hope everything resolve quickly.

My case was put under Admin Processing(Not 221g, took my passport, resume, questionaire) for my first stamping in Hyd back in 2010,since my client sells the software which come under TAL. I attended 2nd time in toronto on Oct 7th, 2013 for my visa renewal and had no prob this time.(FYI: I changed job few months after my 1st stamping)

Looks like toronto is issuing 221g rather than admin processing as in Hyderabad even for people under TAL.

If you had been issued 221g/admin processing just because of TAL and you are working in the same field, you are more likely to get 221g again. I think that is not true for other 221g's.

@justin - my case updated date changed to October 16 2013....still shows administrative processing

Kalyan, did you call up the embassy or email them asking about your status?? In some cases, if you do that, they look into your profile which changes the status update date. It has happened to me and 2 or 3 others I know.

If its no that, then it might be good news for you as you might be getting an email from the consulate soon asking to submit your passport..:) I dont want to get your hopes high...but that seems to be the trend..:)

Do let us know of any updates...I think you should be getting it soon if its following any linear trend as someone from Ottawa with interview date on Sept 3rd got clearance email on Oct 10th.

Good luck!!

@ Kalyan and Kmukh2;

I also checked my status and it shows case updated date as Oct 16. I do not what to infer that. I did not call consulate or made any email enquiries. May be my companies attorney might have but I am not sure.

Oh okay. Lets see what happens..good luck..let us know of further updates.

Kalyan, did you call up the embassy or email them asking about your status?? In some cases, if you do that, they look into your profile which changes the status update date. It has happened to me and 2 or 3 others I know.

If its no that, then it might be good news for you as you might be getting an email from the consulate soon asking to submit your passport..:) I dont want to get your hopes high...but that seems to be the trend..:)

Do let us know of any updates...I think you should be getting it soon if its following any linear trend as someone from Ottawa with interview date on Sept 3rd got clearance email on Oct 10th.

Good luck!!

I made an inquiry a week after my visa interview...I asked them to verify my email in the system.

Ya even I observed that trend but not in Toronto...I'm positive but not getting too excited....I'm considering this as just observation and not as conclusion.....

I think about 10 people got updates today....hopefully we all will get approval emails soon...max 1more week

Archived