H1-B 221g toronto canada

justin9

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no it was not me. yes i got yellow with batch #, no update in status. what kind of admin processing do you think they do.

do you think they are doing TAL verification - for masters ?

I think for me they are doing TAL....I am assuming based on the questions and because he took my resume...idk what else he is doing...the attorney said the name might be flagged because of a common name...idk man what they are doing!

Hey do you think the govt shutdown will affect the admin processing?

I believe an indian name shouldnt be an issue, but have any idea how long TAL is gonna take. r u a full time. did u extend your leave ?

Yeah I am a fulltime...auto industry...I'm not on leave....I'm working....my company's corporate office is in this city...so they arranged a station for me so I can work. How about you? Where are you living? I mean what sort of accomadation ?

Have no idea how long it's gonna take..... A guy got TAL cleared on sept 13 for 221g issued on 27 July in Calgary ...

No update on my status...the status update date still shows 11 sept - the date of my interview!

@ All

Can anyone explain difference between green and yellow 221g?

Your visa interview with an American consul is the last step in your appointment. At the end of your interview the consul will give one of four pieces of paper:

• White ticket, stating that you, or your representative with a permission letter from you, can return after 2-4 days to pick your visaed passport or;
  • Green, stating that you are invited to return with more information or;
  • Yellow, stating that we will do additional processing and tell you when it is complete or;
  • Pink, stating that you are currently ineligible for your desired NIV.

“Section 214b” Ineligibility

If you have received a pink document, you are ineligible, under Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, (INA), for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) because you failed to overcome the statutory presumption that you are an intending immigrant to the United States. Reasons for this refusal may include:

• You have been unable to demonstrate sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to a life outside the United States that would compel you to leave the United States after a temporary stay.
  • You have been unable to demonstrate that your qualifications and/or intended plan of study qualify you for the NIV for which you have applied.
  • You violated the terms of a prior NIV.

We recommend that you reapply only after your current circumstances have changed significantly or if there are relevant facts that you did not present at your initial interview. If you choose to reapply, you must schedule new appointment for a personal interview. You must also pay the visa application fee at that time. You may make a new appointment at How to Apply for a U.S. Visa.

For further information on 214(b) please visit Visa Denials. 

“Section 221(g)” Ineligibility

If you have received a green or yellow document, your non-immigrant visa has not been approved because more information or time is need for processing.

The green document tells you what information that you must provide so that we can process your application. We are waiting for you to return with this information. If you do not provide this information we will take no further action on your NIV application. The burden of qualifying for any visa rests solely with you. We will process your application only after we receive the requested information from you.

If you have received a yellow ineligibility document, your application requires further review to determine if you meet the qualifications for a visa. Often we must transmit your application electronically for review elsewhere by the U.S. government. We have no control over the pace or scope of this review. We are allowed to process your application only AFTER we are told that this review is completed. When the process is complete, we will contact you with further instructions or to advise you that your visa is ready for pick-up. AFTER you are informed that your visa is ready for pick-up, you may return to the Embassy on any weekday (except U.S. or Indonesian holidays) between 2:30 to 3:15pm. You must bring this notice and the white ticket with your pick-up number in order to retrieve your passport.

source is Jakarta us consulate website - no such info available on Toronto consulate.... however, i observed that the color coding is different for each consulate...for example yellow @Toronto is some other color @Chennai

do u think the shutdown would impact our verification ?

i have no idea.... i dont know which department is involved - DHS, DOS, USCIS - each one has a different effect...

however i see that cases in China are getting solved! doesnt all cases have to go to DC? i dont know man. please share if you have any idea -maybe we can discuss more?

Hey..

I could get hold of the administrative processing office at Ottawa consulate, and the lady told me they are hearing back on some cases. Some of them are really old (2012) as well. So definitely they are still processing some things at DC even during shutdown.

@kmukh2 - not sure how you could contact the administrative officer, but quick question to - is there a huge back log on the admin processing cases. are these case by case related or they are related to TAL verification. how could we know what sort of verification are they doing for me. is there any way we could expedite this process by any request or so. 

Please advice.

Hey..

I could get hold of the administrative processing office at Ottawa consulate, and the lady told me they are hearing back on some cases. Some of them are really old (2012) as well. So definitely they are still processing some things at DC even during shutdown.

thanks for the info - this is really comforting.... are you waiting for 221g clearance? what number did you call? do you know a similar number for Toronto consulate? do you know any info who/where this admin processing is done? 

thanks for the info - this is really comforting.... are you waiting for 221g clearance? what number did you call? do you know a similar number for Toronto consulate? do you know any info who/where this admin processing is done? 

I called the Ottawa consulate number on their website, and then extension 5361 (Snoopreddy had given this no. on this website previously). Sorry, I dont know the no. for Toronto consulate. The admin processing is done by multiple agencies in Washington DC as far as I have read...various immigration law firms have said that a number of these agencies might be closed during shutdown and that will significantly delay cases under admin processing. I called up this number at the consulate, and although the lady did not sound too positive, she said they are hearing on some cases, even really old ones. So it must be functioning. Also, I had emailed the Ottawa consulate before (both the main consulate, and the admin processing section) and both of them replied saying that things are being processed normally as of now.

Yes, I am waiting for 221g clearance since 18th Sept at Ottawa.

Let us know when you receive your clearance.

Guys i was reading snoopreddy post and see that within 30 days we can travel back to us. Do you guys have any info regarding this. is this applicable only if we have to drive or plane also. Plaease Advice ASAP - this will be helpful. !

It is not applicable if your visa is is under pending status.

guys - here is a list of 221Gs I've prepared - This is only from Toronto consulate. From Murthy.com and one other forum. i am pasting an excel table - not sure if this will end up is a good format...but i tried 

Profile ID                               City                 221G Color   Interview date Case Completion date   Passport with VO/Candidate                   Wait time

univer959595                     Toronto         Yellow            8/8/2013     9/18/2013   Candidate     41

Earnest                                  Toronto         Green            7/29/2013   9/14/2013   Candidate     47

justin9                                   Toronto         Yellow            9/25/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

Visa member                        Toronto         Yellow            9/25/2013   9/27/2013   VO                   2

saladin2012                         Toronto         Yellow            5/1/2013     9/4/2013     Candidate     126

amirferoz                              Toronto         Yellow            3/18/2013   10/1/2013   Candidate     197

chavvavijay                            Toronto         Green            9/30/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

maverick.dexter                  Toronto         Green            9/24/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

josephsn                               Toronto         Yellow            4/8/2013     5/3/2013     Candidate     25

prithvik                                  Toronto         Yellow            6/17/2013   8/21/2013   Candidate     65

kiran335                                Toronto         Yellow            10/2/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

ravi6775                                Toronto         Yellow            10/8/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

bi2013                                   Toronto         Green            10/9/2013   case open     Candidate     #VALUE!

Archived