B1/B2 visa for a vacation

rohpai

Hello,

I applied for a business visa last year but when my passport arrived, I noticed that it had a B1/B2 stamping. I flew to California in July 2012 and spent 6 weeks there.

I would like to visit the US again this year as a tourist. I would like to go on a two week vacation with my girlfriend, who is in Virginia, and also spend Christmas and New Year's with her. In all, I'd like to spend 6 weeks in the US.

Here are my questions:

1. Would I be able to use the B1/B2 visa that I've been issued? I ask this because the purpose of my upcoming trip is different from my earlier one.

2. Would there be any problems if I were to state the real purpose of my visit at the immigration desk (vacation, Christmas, new year)?

3. I would like to fly to Virginia this time around, and not California. Would that be a cause for concern?

Thanks!

Hello,

I applied for a business visa last year but when my passport arrived, I noticed that it had a B1/B2 stamping. I flew to California in July 2012 and spent 6 weeks there.

I would like to visit the US again this year as a tourist. I would like to go on a two week vacation with my girlfriend, who is in Virginia, and also spend Christmas and New Year's with her. In all, I'd like to spend 6 weeks in the US.

Here are my questions:

1. Would I be able to use the B1/B2 visa that I've been issued? I ask this because the purpose of my upcoming trip is different from my earlier one.

2. Would there be any problems if I were to state the real purpose of my visit at the immigration desk (vacation, Christmas, new year)?

3. I would like to fly to Virginia this time around, and not California. Would that be a cause for concern?

Thanks!

(1) Yes. On questioned by immigration officer you have to mention the purpose of your visit.

(2) No.

(3) No.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all. I have a final few queries:

1. I would be staying at my girlfriend's place in Virginia. Would that be a cause for concern? Most of the people I know that have been to the US for a vacation have either stayed with relatives or in hotels.

2. The officers at the PoE are usually concerned if the visitor has enough reasons to go back. So I would like to know if there are any specific documents that I need to carry. Here are the documents that I think should suffice : return tickets, a photocopy of the sale deed of an apartment that I have bought in India, Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years to show that I'm employed and doing well, a bank account statement of the last 3 months. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thank you all. I have a final few queries:

1. I would be staying at my girlfriend's place in Virginia. Would that be a cause for concern? Most of the people I know that have been to the US for a vacation have either stayed with relatives or in hotels.

2. The officers at the PoE are usually concerned if the visitor has enough reasons to go back. So I would like to know if there are any specific documents that I need to carry. Here are the documents that I think should suffice : return tickets, a photocopy of the sale deed of an apartment that I have bought in India, Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years to show that I'm employed and doing well, a bank account statement of the last 3 months. Is there anything I'm missing?

1. No problem.

2. Your return ticket and a confident answer to immigration officer.

Archived