H4 to H1 back to H4 and then back to H1

adl013

I am currently in India and have an H4 in hand, I got my H1 petition approved [i haven’t gone to the consulate for stamping yet]. I cannot take long leave with my current employer.

My current employer is planning to sent me to US, but I am planning to discontinue work due to personal reasons after reaching US.

1. What are my best options if I decide to work after some point of time , may be 1 year down the line.
  2. Do I need to travel with the same employer to use my H1 to later work in US.
  3. Can I switch companies if I travel in H4 now and later use my H1.
  4. Can I use my H1 and travel now and convert to H4 and then later join back a different/same company in H1

I am perplexed, please help me out.

I am currently in India and have an H4 in hand, I got my H1 petition approved [i haven’t gone to the consulate for stamping yet]. I cannot take long leave with my current employer.

My current employer is planning to sent me to US, but I am planning to discontinue work due to personal reasons after reaching US.

1. What are my best options if I decide to work after some point of time , may be 1 year down the line.
  4. Can I use my H1 and travel now and convert to H4 and then later join back a different/same company in H1

I am perplexed, please help me out.

If you have decided to quit working for current employer then enter US on H4 visa.

(1) A new employer can file a cap exempt petition and on approval you can work immediately.

(2) No

(3) Yes.

(4) Yes. But, as I said if you have no plans to work for current employer in US then enter with H4 visa. 

1.H4 to H1 after coming to US

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

Archived