Can we transfer H1-B Visa from NON-IT field to IT Field ?

sakethwins

Currently H1-B visa is based on Pharmaceutical Science Degree(MS in Chemistry) and it's valid till sep 2014 and got the stamping done. Now planning to move to IT field,  Wondering is it possible to Transfer H1-B to a IT job as actual H1-B is from non-IT field ??

Currently H1-B visa is based on Pharmaceutical Science Degree(MS in Chemistry) and it's valid till sep 2014 and got the stamping done. Now planning to move to IT field,  Wondering is it possible to Transfer H1-B to a IT job as actual H1-B is from non-IT field ??

I do not think so. Your education has to match job description.

But I see many graduates with degree in mechanical/bio tech/civil does move to IT through some consulting companies.... can that be an option ???

Not really. Just because someone got approved it does not mean that you have to get approved too. It does not work like that. You can not put forth your argument to USCIS in this way. When they go for extension or visa stamping they might face trouble. You can try if you want to. Talk to an immigration attorney to be clear about immigration laws.

How advanced member on forum post this kind of questions.....?? Please do not put yourself in difficult position. If your education is not matching your job, then eventually you will be in trouble.

Every one at some  point will have questions, it does not matter what member level...this is a new scenario to me. or in my friends circle.. I am not  running any law firm or not it's my profession to have adequate knowledge on the immigration things....i appreciate your time but dis respect your comment on advanced member.... thanks..!!

Every one at some  point will have questions, it does not matter what member level...this is a new scenario to me. or in my friends circle.. I am not  running any law firm or not it's my profession to have adequate knowledge on the immigration things....i appreciate your time but dis respect your comment on advanced member.... thanks..!!

My apology. I should not have said like that. Please do not take this comment personally.

Archived