MS in US is mandatory for H1 re-stamping in Vanada?

vijkum

Hi all,

Thanks for your guys help whoever is sharing their experiences on this forum on various h1 stamping issues...

I just have question and would like to know the experts opinion.I came to US on H1 7 years ago and I never attended any consulate for the H1 re-stamping since my parents are coming to here every year.Now I have to go to India for an unavoidable situation..I am thinking to go to Canada for my H1 re-stamping. after going through his forum I came into a conclusion most of the US consulates in canada look for MS in US.Is my understanding is correct?Can someone put some light to clarify my doubt.

I am on H1 from last 7 years and worked for many clients and most of my projects are EVC model including my current project and I do have all of my W-2's and pay stubs.I never been on my bench more than 2 weeks.I was on bench 2 weeks 4 years ago.

Can some one please help me urgently in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Thanks for your guys help whoever is sharing their experiences on this forum on various h1 stamping issues...

I just have question and would like to know the experts opinion.I came to US on H1 7 years ago and I never attended any consulate for the H1 re-stamping since my parents are coming to here every year.Now I have to go to India for an unavoidable situation..I am thinking to go to Canada for my H1 re-stamping. after going through his forum I came into a conclusion most of the US consulates in canada look for MS in US.Is my understanding is correct?Can someone put some light to clarify my doubt.

I am on H1 from last 7 years and worked for many clients and most of my projects are EVC model including my current project and I do have all of my W-2's and pay stubs.I never been on my bench more than 2 weeks.I was on bench 2 weeks 4 years ago.

Can some one please help me urgently in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/temporary-worker-distinguished-merit-other-than-nurses.html

Read the second point from last and decide accordingly.

No, You don't need MS from USA for all cases. The above mentioned links says that it is for first-time H1B applicants.

In your case, you already have a H1B stamping from India and you are going for renewal and that would not be your first time.

I have seen my friends who had their entire education from India and they got successfully stamped for their second and subsequent stampings ( Ofcourse their first H1B stamp was from India ).  However, Iam not sure about the cases where people shift from L1B to H1B. Iam not sure if they can go to Canada for that.  

Archived