Question after getting GC

ravi_umma

Hello Everyone,

I got my GC recently. I was with Company A until 2 years ago which did my EB2 filing and got I140 approved. Meanwhile I joined Company B and 2 months after I joined B, dates were current. So Company A filed I485. Also concurrently, Company B filed Perm and I140 and ported my PD from prior I140. Company B attached my pending I485 when filing for I140. So now my question is, Through which employer did I get my GC? is it A or B? I am currently working for B. Do I need to go back to A if I got the GC through A? Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Well, let me clarify for you - company A did not file any I-485s. You did. At the time of I-485 filing, you have expressed the desire to work for A. However, when you interfiled with B's I-140, you have expressed the desire to work for B (after getting the green card). Theoretically, you may have a choice here. Or the USCIS might ask you which petition you would like to use to adjust status.

is the 140 from "B" approved? if so, most likely your cases have been already interfiled by CIS.

and the way B's 140 petition was filed may also be sufficeint enough to be considered as invoking AC21 portability..

so you are good to work for B, in my opinion..what does attorney B say about it?

Thanks cap-gap! Yes I140 with B was approved. Attorney B says I am good with company B.

Well, let me clarify for you - company A did not file any I-485s. You did. At the time of I-485 filing, you have expressed the desire to work for A. However, when you interfiled with B's I-140, you have expressed the desire to work for B (after getting the green card). Theoretically, you may have a choice here. Or the USCIS might ask you which petition you would like to use to adjust status.

Thanks Belle! My GC was already approved.

Archived