Are you doing baby sitting question asked in board of entry

Techee

Hi All,

My in-law came (B2) to US with my kid (H4) and wife (H4). In the board of entry, it seems the officer was asking my in-law are you coming here for "Baby Sitting". Although we brought our in-law to tour US , seems the officer was keep asking if you are coming for baby sitting, we can revoke the primary H1B.

We are in US for the past 5 years, we were calling our in-laws for years. Due to family/official issues they could not come from India, finally they got the time to travel. To bring them safely my wife and kid went o bring them to US.

Does this question of "Baby sitting" does any harm to Primary H1B holder?

Thanks for your support.

The issue is that way too many people come here on visitor visa to help out in the household during or shortly after childbirth.

That is considered work, and not allowed for a visitor.

That's the background for the question.

There is no issue for your H1, nor for your dependents. A person entering on B2 to help out in the household can, however, be sent back.

I am not sure why the officer asked about baby sitting in this case as you mentioned that your wife is on H4, so she is not working so she is staying home, so where is the need for baby sitting? 

As JoeF mentioned above..many people abuse the Visitor's visa to come here and work taking care of their grandkids while their children go out to work...saving $$ on a Nanny.

As JoeF mentioned above..many people abuse the Visitor's visa to come here and work taking care of their grandkids while their children go out to work...saving $$ on a Nanny.

Yes I understand that, but here both the parents are not working, so the mother stays home, so they will not need a nanny...so why would anyone think the grandparents in this case is coming to babysit.

Yes I understand that, but here both the parents are not working, so the mother stays home, so they will not need a nanny...so why would anyone think the grandparents in this case is coming to babysit.

Simple dude, officer at POE was not worried about H4 he was concentrating on the visitors. And H4 can be changed to H1 at ANYTIME.

Archived