H1B transfer

t.optimist

Hello

Right now i am in L1 visa with employer A. I have applied for H1B with a new employer B (Consulting firm) and got my visa approved. I have not yet started working for employer B. the following are my questions,

1. What visa related documents I should get from employer B? This is to show that I have H1B, if have to move to another employer after few months I need what docs for visa transfer?

2. Can I join a new employer C directly without working for B? Will there be any problem in visa transfer from B to C as I have not worked for B at all? 

Hello

Right now i am in L1 visa with employer A. I have applied for H1B with a new employer B (Consulting firm) and got my visa approved. I have not yet started working for employer B. the following are my questions,

1. What visa related documents I should get from employer B? This is to show that I have H1B, if have to move to another employer after few months I need what docs for visa transfer?

2. Can I join a new employer C directly without working for B? Will there be any problem in visa transfer from B to C as I have not worked for B at all? 

(1) Get the whole application packet. If not, get LCA and I797 or just I797.

(2) You can apply for a transfer and you can start working after approval.

1. H1 Receipt number. And if you have worked for B, then you need latest pay stubs

2. Yes you can.

Archived