2 DS-2019 J1 waiver

jay_sankar

Thanks a lot, Jairichi.

I have a quick follow-up question. My first J1 from Harvard was subject to 212(e) on the basis of skills list. My second J1 is sponsored by Los Alamos Laboratories (a US government institution). However, my work at Los Alamos Labs has no US or Indian government funding. So, I should be subject to 212(e) only on the basis of the skills list. However, if I travel to India, will I have trouble when I get my second DS-2019 stamped? What sort of evidence should I have in hand so that the officer doesn't assume I have US government funding?

Thanks a lot, Jairichi.

I have a quick follow-up question. My first J1 from Harvard was subject to 212(e) on the basis of skills list. My second J1 is sponsored by Los Alamos Laboratories (a US government institution). However, my work at Los Alamos Labs has no US or Indian government funding. So, I should be subject to 212(e) only on the basis of the skills list. However, if I travel to India, will I have trouble when I get my second DS-2019 stamped? What sort of evidence should I have in hand so that the officer doesn't assume I have US government funding?

Since you are already subject to 212(e) you need to apply for a waiver irrespective of being subject again or not.

Archived