parents visitor visa question

psubbu79

Hi,

My parents have a 10-year multiple entry visa. 3 weeks ago I had booked their tickets for about 5 months starting mid-December.

However, a couple of days ago, my cousin's wedding was fixed around March. So my question is, if they come here in December, stay for a couple of months and then go for the wedding and come back in 2 weeks, will they be given an I-94 for the duration that was originally planned (till end of May)? is there any rule that says that they should not re-enter the country within 2 weeks or is there a minimum time that they should be away before they re-enter.

In the form of dates here is the situation

Original visit: December 15th - May 30

Trip to India in between is from Feb 20 - March 7.

Will they be allowed back on March 7th. If yes, If they come back , will they be able to stay till May 30th

Your responses will be truly appreciated.

Thanks much

Subbu

Hi,

My parents have a 10-year multiple entry visa. 3 weeks ago I had booked their tickets for about 5 months starting mid-December.

However, a couple of days ago, my cousin's wedding was fixed around March. So my question is, if they come here in December, stay for a couple of months and then go for the wedding and come back in 2 weeks, will they be given an I-94 for the duration that was originally planned (till end of May)? is there any rule that says that they should not re-enter the country within 2 weeks or is there a minimum time that they should be away before they re-enter.

Will they be allowed back on March 7th. If yes, If they come back , will they be able to stay till May 30th

Thanks much

Subbu

Coming back to US in 2 weeks after being in US for 2 months should be a matter of concern. At POE they might have extra scrutiny and there is a chance of being denied entry. If they are allowed then a new I94 will be generated and not based on the old one. Validity of I94 is at discretion of immigration officer.

That's nothing but two trips within short period of time. This might be a red flag.

Archived