Unusal H1B & B2 Question

Pratheep

Hi ,

Currently i am in India.

Case : I have both b1/b2 and Unused H1B visa stamped (Stamped on September 2013), valid through October 2016.

i) For family reasons i want to travel to US on B2 tourist visa for a week during October 1st week and return back to India.

Question :- Now since i am traveling on B2 ,will my H1B stamped gets cancelled .

Will there be any problems to H1b Visa during return to US after a while.

ii) During the week on November i wish to travel on H1B .

Question :- Whats are the legal ,immigration problem which is foreseen .

I cant niether push  B2 travel to november or cant travell on H1B before November because i have to serve 30 days notice with current employer.

Hi ,

Currently i am in India.

Case : I have both b1/b2 and Unused H1B visa stamped (Stamped on September 2013), valid through October 2016.

i) For family reasons i want to travel to US on B2 tourist visa for a week during October 1st week and return back to India.

Question :- Now since i am traveling on B2 ,will my H1B stamped gets cancelled .

Will there be any problems to H1b Visa during return to US after a while.

ii) During the week on November i wish to travel on H1B .

Question :- Whats are the legal ,immigration problem which is foreseen .

I cant niether push  B2 travel to november or cant travell on H1B before November because i have to serve 30 days notice with current employer.

(1) Not, it will not be canceled.

(2) It will surely raise a question from immigration officer at POE.

Could you let us know the reason for travel to US on B2 visa for a week?

Hi,

I am not sure if you can have two valid visa stamps at POE.

Sure you can.

I had valid B1/B2 and H1 visas in my passport just fine.

You can only use one of the visas to enter the US in the corresponding status.

A person can have multiple visas, but can only have one status while in the US.

You just need to present the appropriate visa at the POE.

I am not sure if you can have two valid visa stamps at POE. Either you will enter on B2 or H1. One of it will be cancelled depending which one you use for entry.

Not true.

You can very well have two valid US visas in your passport. At POE, you let the immigration officer know which visa are you using. They generally don't cancel any of the stamped visa but do ask you questions.

I was once grilled with a lot of questions as to why I was using one visa and not the other. I explained my reasons and was given the entry without any issues. So, As long as OP has a valid reason to enter on B2, He should be good.

Archived