I-140 and H1B extension

DamienMartin

Hi,

I came to US on 2011 and 3 visa is ending by Oct '14.  I did get my I-140 approved this year, My question is - 1)  Does the I-140 approval have any affect on my H1B extension. Is there still a probability of visa denial? 

2)  I am working on a contract modal, will that create any issues during extension?

3) My Priority Date is Oct'12 - so can I expect some good news by 2016?

Damien

1. I140 approval no way relation with H1B extention or visa denial. Both are different category. H1 is non immigrint visa where as I140 is immigrant visa. With your approved I140 you are eligible to get 3 year extention beyond 6 years H1 limit.

2. No not at all. As long as your employer pays according to your employment agreement and abides to USCIS rules you don't have to worry about the extentions.

3. It's all luck. No body knows.

Hi,

I came to US on 2011 and 3 visa is ending by Oct '14.  I did get my I-140 approved this year, My question is - 1)  Does the I-140 approval have any affect on my H1B extension. Is there still a probability of visa denial? 

2)  I am working on a contract modal, will that create any issues during extension?

3) My Priority Date is Oct'12 - so can I expect some good news by 2016?

Damien

1. Any extension has risks involved unless ur documentation is complete

2. same as above

3. Oracle may know the answer. Predictions are done on forums, 

Archived