Calling all Toronto 221Gs

kalyan_chakri31

Hi All..... Here is my final case update summary...

Interview : 23 Dec 13 (result : green slip/ requested resume via email/ kept i797/ returned passport/ told it takes 1 month time)
sent 1st email asking update : 10 Jan 14 - received standard response on 14 Jan 2014
sent 2nd email asking update : 24 Jan 14 - no reply received but received a clearance email
clearance email : 27 Jan 14
Passport Drop : 28 Jan 14
1st CEAC update : 28 Jan 14 ( just date changed - Still AP)
2nd CEAC update : 29 Jan 14 ( Status changed to issued)
Passport Pickup : 30 Jan 14

try contacting your lawyer and your senator for updates....good luck
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All..... Here is my final case update summary...

Interview : 23 Dec 13 (result : green slip/ requested resume via email/ kept i797/ returned passport/ told it takes 1 month time)
sent 1st email asking update : 10 Jan 14 - received standard response on 14 Jan 2014
sent 2nd email asking update : 24 Jan 14 - no reply received but received a clearance email
clearance email : 27 Jan 14
Passport Drop : 28 Jan 14
1st CEAC update : 28 Jan 14 ( just date changed - Still AP)
2nd CEAC update : 29 Jan 14 ( Status changed to issued)
Passport Pickup : 30 Jan 14

try contacting your lawyer and your senator for updates....good luck

Hello Parker,

Thanks for sharing your experience. As mentioned in my previous posts, even my wife got the Green slip at Toronto. Only original I797 was kept. VO mentioned will contact us within 2 weeks. It has been 5 working days now, and no requests or email from Embassy.

- You mentioned they asked your resume- did the VO ask you to email resume? or did you receive an email from Embassy to submit the resume? If so, how many days after interview did you receive an email?

- You mentioned you tried to contact the Toronto embassy via email. You never received any manual response to it right?

- Do you work on EVC model? or are a FTE?

- You mentioned to contact senator - How sooner can we request Congressman to look into this issue? Will they be able to escalate the process?

- Did you contact the senator and sign the "Privacy Release Form"? (The form as details about SSN, etc). Do you really think its a good idea to go through the Congressman/Senator?

- How can our Lawyer help us escalate or check the status of the process? Our lawyer mentioned they cannot provide any updates, as the updates needs to come from US Embassy?

Thanks,

-T

Guys,

I got my Visa on Jan 30th as well. Interview Date was Jan 8th, 221G Yellow slip.

My biggest recommendation is to get your Lawyers involved in responding to any request from the consulate. I had my lawyers send all the information Via email and also ask for updates.

I believe this helped a lot and also shows that you and your company are serious about getting the issue resolved as soon as possible.

Also emails showing Financial and Personal hardships will also help. Keep following up as much as possible.

Best Regards

Subrven1

Hello Parker,

Thanks for sharing your experience. As mentioned in my previous posts, even my wife got the Green slip at Toronto. Only original I797 was kept. VO mentioned will contact us within 2 weeks. It has been 5 working days now, and no requests or email from Embassy.

- You mentioned they asked your resume- did the VO ask you to email resume? or did you receive an email from Embassy to submit the resume? If so, how many days after interview did you receive an email? Parker : VO asked me to email and gave an email address ans i also received an email requesting the same on the same day.

- You mentioned you tried to contact the Toronto embassy via email. You never received any manual response to it right? Parker: I am not sure if its manual or automatic but see the response below i got in blue

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for your inquiry.  Our records show that you appeared for an interview on December 23, 2013, and that your application was subject to necessary administrative processing under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.  Currently, your case is still being processed. 

As soon as this process is complete, we will immediately notify you of the next steps required to conclude your application.  Unfortunately, we have no control over the pace of this administrative processing and do not know how long this review will take.  Additional information about this process may be found at http://travel.state.gov/visa/a_zindex/a_zindex_4353.html.

Regards

- Do you work on EVC model? or are a FTE? Parker : EC

- You mentioned to contact senator - How sooner can we request Congressman to look into this issue? Will they be able to escalate the process? Parker : Depends on your urgency, I am not sure if they escalate or not but inquiry through senator would alert them to do a better job in your case

- Did you contact the senator and sign the "Privacy Release Form"? (The form as details about SSN, etc). Do you really think its a good idea to go through the Congressman/Senator? Parker: NO I have not, I kept the option open after 6 weeks since VO asked 1 month time. If you want help from them you have to sign the privacy form and provide necessary details Since the senator will request update in your case on behalf of you... It is simple you are give permission to the senator to represent you. I dont know its a good or bad idea...But i will keep all the options open and use them at appropriate time

- How can our Lawyer help us escalate or check the status of the process? Our lawyer mentioned they cannot provide any updates, as the updates needs to come from US Embassy? Parker : Simple thumb rule - Involving a lawyer or a senator indicates the seriousness of the case that's you while filing H1 most of the petitions are filed through lawyer than doing it self (check SBRVEN1 post)

Thanks,

-T

All the best check above comments.............

Update:

27th Jan 2014 - toronto, Visa interview

Result: 221g -Green slip with no docs requested. VO said, you should hear from us within 2 weeks.

31st Jan - got an email from Embassy to "provide a copy of your petition with all the supporting documents"

I am guessing it is I-129 and I-797 copy? Did anyone get a similar email? If so, what docs did you submit?

After submitting these docs, when do we submit our Passport?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks,

T

Hi Guys,

My Final Timeline. Total wait time 111 days.

Oct 9th - Interview gave 221g (EVC model and 1st H1) and said have to do employer verification and took pay stubs and tax documents.

Oct 16th - First Update

Oct 20th - Requested to submit End Client Letter

Oct 21st - Submitted letter in person at consulate. Same day they called my client manager at around 4:30 PM and he missed the call

Oct 22nd - He called back and they enquired about me and my client manager gave them a very positive review about me.

After this update i didn't had any updates for so long. I went to consulate couple of times but they were not helpful.

Dec 4th - I left to india for wedding, 

Dec 10th - Employer sent a letter requesting status and they got same routine response about they cannot control pace of case and said its still pending

Dec 15th - Employeer contacted local senator and the senator's office followed up with Department of State and also Consulate

Dec 16th - Second Update

Dec 23rd - Third Update

Jan 16th - I came back to canada

Jan 21st - visited consulate and they told me case is in final stages and might be finished in a week or two.

Jan 28th - got clearance email at 9:30 AM EST and submitted passport same day at 1:30 PM EST

Jan 30th - Got loomis waybill number at 11:30 PM EST

Jan 31st - Picked up passport and entered USA same day.

All the best guys. 

Hi Guys,

My Final Timeline. Total wait time 111 days.

Oct 9th - Interview gave 221g (EVC model and 1st H1) and said have to do employer verification and took pay stubs and tax documents.

Oct 16th - First Update

Oct 20th - Requested to submit End Client Letter

Oct 21st - Submitted letter in person at consulate. Same day they called my client manager at around 4:30 PM and he missed the call

Oct 22nd - He called back and they enquired about me and my client manager gave them a very positive review about me.

After this update i didn't had any updates for so long. I went to consulate couple of times but they were not helpful.

Dec 4th - I left to india for wedding, 

Dec 10th - Employer sent a letter requesting status and they got same routine response about they cannot control pace of case and said its still pending

Dec 15th - Employeer contacted local senator and the senator's office followed up with Department of State and also Consulate

Dec 16th - Second Update

Dec 23rd - Third Update

Jan 16th - I came back to canada

Jan 21st - visited consulate and they told me case is in final stages and might be finished in a week or two.

Jan 28th - got clearance email at 9:30 AM EST and submitted passport same day at 1:30 PM EST

Jan 30th - Got loomis waybill number at 11:30 PM EST

Jan 31st - Picked up passport and entered USA same day.

All the best guys. 

congrats bi2013

Hello Guys,

Do you have any idea if it is a good sign that the Embassy has contacted us to provide a copy of the petition?

I am scared that this email might imply that they are going through my entire H1 case now, and then take a lot of time for processing.

The VO told me that I should get a reply within 2 weeks - did he mean that we will hear a result in 2 weeks, or he was referring to getting in contact with us within 2 weeks?

This is really frustrating.

Thanks,

-T

Update:

Result: 221g -Green slip with no docs requested. VO said, you should hear from us within 2 weeks.

31st Jan - got an email from Embassy to "provide a copy of your petition with all the supporting documents"

I am guessing it is I-129 and I-797 copy? Did anyone get a similar email? If so, what docs did you submit?

Thanks,

T

Hello Guys,

Do you have any idea if it is a good sign that the Embassy has contacted us to provide a copy of the petition?

I am scared that this email might imply that they are going through my entire H1 case now, and then take a lot of time for processing.

The VO told me that I should get a reply within 2 weeks - did he mean that we will hear a result in 2 weeks, or he was referring to getting in contact with us within 2 weeks?

Thanks,

-T

Update:

Thanks,

T

Hello Guys,

Thanks,

-T

Update:

Thanks,

T

Hi,

Please provide what ever the consulate asks for... Don't delay from your side...

U submit your passport when they ask to do so..

Good luck....

Hello Guys,

Thanks,

-T

Update:

Thanks,

T

Submit all the relevant docs to your H1B. DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS ONE. 

First, you should try to submit what your employer/lawyer had submitted to get you your H1B petition from USCIS. 

If you do not have all of them, ask them for a copy they will give you all the docs. 

Do not forget to send: Client letter, approved petition,Resume (update it with employers name too), university degree Bachelors/Masters, if you have the transcripts - send it, supporting letter from your employer to grant the visa, W2s, paystubs till date with your current/ex employer, LCA- should mention your clients address and employers address. , these are all supporting documents to make the consulate believe that you deserve the visa. if you can think of some other document to add, please do so..it will make your case even stronger. 

after this when consulate is satisfied with your case, they will contact the client company to find out whether you work for them really or not. Make sure you tell your manager that he/she might receive a call from the consulate and ask him to tell about the project length based on the client letter. 

Good luck. 

I am working as a Researcher in NY state and had got documents for extention of my J-1 visa from my employer. I decided to go to Toronto for the visa renewal as it was just 5 hours from my place.

Just as most the people on this forum, I was handed a 221g Yellow form after my Visa interview.

My interview date was 17 Jan 2014 and the same evening I got an email from the consulte requesting the addtional documents.

I submitted all on document via email to the consulate on the 20th of Jan but since it was a holiday they got back to me on the 21st of Jan with the standard reply-

" Thank you for your message and for submitting required documents.  As soon as we have further information on your case, we will immediately notify you of the next steps required to complete your application."

I went through most of the post in this forum and realized they are for H-1b visa, does anyone has experience with J-1 visa processing time?

I also made an account with checkee and realized very few people have applied for the J-1 renewal visa like me.

My employeer has allowed me to work remotely from Canada for sometime but I dont want to push it too far.

It would be great if someone could advise me on an estimated processing time.

I had my first H1 stamping interview today 10/2/2013 @ 9:00 a.m. I did masters in Industrial &Systems Engineering and working in I.T field for past 2 years. I am on H1 since March 2012.

Questions asked:

What is your highest Degree?

What is your specialization?

What is your final project topic?

That's all he asked for and gave 221g yellow . He did not ask any documents and kept I797 with him. I saw " PIMS expired" written on DS160 confirmation page. He said we need to get PIMS updated and we don't know how long its going to take. There is no batch number/date written on 221g, just my last name and "Necessary administrative processing " was selected. Not sure if they request documents later or not.

Did anyone had this situation and How long it took to resolve the case.

@torentovisa  : There are 3 counters open today .

Counter 5: Chinese lady : She is asking few questions and giving the visa ( I saw many chinese people today in Consulate comapred to Indians). I saw her giving pink forms to few people

Counter6:  White Guy : HE is asking lot of questions and finally approving the visa.

Counter 7: He looks like Afro-American (he took my interview). This guy is serious and asking many questions and he is the one who gave most 221g's when i was there. One Indian family with small kids also got pink 221g at this counter.

The  "forum" famous Chinese VO was not there at that time.

Hope this helps. Be prepared for all the outcomes.

Hi Kiran would you please let us know when did your issue got resolved and time line? I am also same boat as yours, but my interview was on Feb 5th, 2014

Hello My Visa Interview is on Jan 22nd,@ Toronto  given yellow 221G, I797 is kept with VO. asked to submit Resume .

I was submitted on 26nd, and , case updated on 28,and info from Consulate then.I noticed there are some guys waiting from Jan 1st. did  you got any update or issued VISAS??

what is minimum wait time for getting any updates? and Visa issues?

Thanks for any comment.

-S

Hello @ thinkb4umail  any Update on your  case?? I see  you also from Jan month.

Is any one got update  today? Mine is 20 days  completed . I am eager waiting  on update.I am staying in Hotel. Any one knows good accommodation/ extended stay hotels , near Toronto or near by city?

Please share your experiences, will give +ve energy to others.

Thanks

-S

Update:

Thanks,

T

Hello,

Sen all the relevant documents to the Consulate ASAP. If possible, use lawyers to send it. Ask Lawyer to reply to the consulate request on their letter head in affidavit format. Pretty much everything that was submitted for H1B petition should be sent.

Again, use Lawyer to reply email........

I am working as a Researcher in NY state and had got documents for extention of my J-1 visa from my employer. I decided to go to Toronto for the visa renewal as it was just 5 hours from my place.

Just as most the people on this forum, I was handed a 221g Yellow form after my Visa interview.

My interview date was 17 Jan 2014 and the same evening I got an email from the consulte requesting the addtional documents.

I submitted all on document via email to the consulate on the 20th of Jan but since it was a holiday they got back to me on the 21st of Jan with the standard reply-

" Thank you for your message and for submitting required documents.  As soon as we have further information on your case, we will immediately notify you of the next steps required to complete your application."

I went through most of the post in this forum and realized they are for H-1b visa, does anyone has experience with J-1 visa processing time?

I also made an account with checkee and realized very few people have applied for the J-1 renewal visa like me.

My employeer has allowed me to work remotely from Canada for sometime but I dont want to push it too far.

It would be great if someone could advise me on an estimated processing time.

It can take anywhere from 20 Days to 240 days.

Use Lawyers to reply to any requests from USCIS. keep asking for updates. Provide all documents as quickly as possible after reviewing with lawyer

Archived