Applying for H4 While H1 transfer?

mabid

I had an H1 approval from Company-A and I applied for visa stamp for me and my wife (H4). The Visa stamping took a lot of time and in the meantime Company-A sold part of itself ( the one I was employee of) to Company-B, I received my and wife's Visa stamped, but haven't yet travelled on that Visa to the US

Now Company-B made me a new job offer which I accepted and hence now they need to Transfer my H1. We had our first baby meanwhile and now I need to apply for his H4 Visa, the question is When Can I apply for my baby's H4 ?

1) I don't need to wait for H1-transfer and can apply for my son's H4?

2) Do I need to wait for My H1 to transfer to Company-B before I can apply for my son's H4 ?

3) Do I need to wait to get a receipt# (thats what they call it I guess) to apply for my son's H4?

Thanks

I had an H1 approval from Company-A and I applied for visa stamp for me and my wife (H4). The Visa stamping took a lot of time and in the meantime Company-A sold part of itself ( the one I was employee of) to Company-B, I received my and wife's Visa stamped, but haven't yet travelled on that Visa to the US

Now Company-B made me a new job offer which I accepted and hence now they need to Transfer my H1. We had our first baby meanwhile and now I need to apply for his H4 Visa, the question is When Can I apply for my baby's H4 ?

2) Do I need to wait for My H1 to transfer to Company-B before I can apply for my son's H4 ?

3) Do I need to wait to get a receipt# (thats what they call it I guess) to apply for my son's H4?

Thanks

Best option is 2.

Thanks

Best option is when company B applies for your new cap exempt petition to include your son's as a dependent.

Archived