I-94 Extension based on H1B Extension

kuskum2000

Hi All,

I have my first H1B visa stamping still Jan 25th 2014

I have applied for extension and got approved till 2016 March with new I 797 and I 94 records

I want to go to India in the month of Dec 2013 and come back on first week on Jan 2014

My questions are:-

1) Can I come back to USA on same visa before Jan 25th or do we have any specific time limit like minimum of 1 month we have to return back to USA prior to visa expiration

2)Will I get a new I 94 till 2016 March based on my extended H1B 797  or will I get i 94 only till my first H1B end date of Jan 25th

Please suggest

Thanks

Kishore

Hi All,

I have my first H1B visa stamping still Jan 25th 2014

I have applied for extension and got approved till 2016 March with new I 797 and I 94 records

I want to go to India in the month of Dec 2013 and come back on first week on Jan 2014

My questions are:-

1) Can I come back to USA on same visa before Jan 25th or do we have any specific time limit like minimum of 1 month we have to return back to USA prior to visa expiration

2)Will I get a new I 94 till 2016 March based on my extended H1B 797  or will I get i 94 only till my first H1B end date of Jan 25th

Please suggest

Thanks

Kishore

(1) Yes, you can.

(2) At POE do show the immigration officer your current and extended H1B approval notices.

(1) Yes, you can.

(2) At POE do show the immigration officer your current and extended H1B approval notices.

1. Yes you can.

2. As Jairichi said carry/show both approval notices. It is upon the POE officers discretion to extend the dates on the I-94 without a visa. Assuming the new I-94 system, I guess you wouldnt be able to see that until its updated online.

1. Yes you can.

2. As Jairichi said carry/show both approval notices. It is upon the POE officers discretion to extend the dates on the I-94 without a visa. Assuming the new I-94 system, I guess you wouldnt be able to see that until its updated online.

@ oct2012perm: Even though I94 is online immigration officers are writing the validity of stay next to admitted stamp in passport during entry at POE.

Archived