After 221g, Email from Consulate

Yshu123

Hi,

I got 221g last month from chennai consulate and today I got the below mail from consulate.

Your documents have been collected from US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to following location,

Can anyone please tel me what does this mean? During Interview VO has taken all the documents but returned the passport to me.

Hi,

I got 221g last month from chennai consulate and today I got the below mail from consulate.

Your documents have been collected from US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to following location,

Can anyone please tel me what does this mean? During Interview VO has taken all the documents but returned the passport to me.

They have taken a decision on your visa. Wherever you have requested the documents it would be delivered there. 

You say your passport is with you and the mail you received mentions that your passport is being returned. Confusing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @yshu123,

I am also in the same situation. Today I got the same email and my passport is also with me.

Did they asked you to submit the passport or is it rejected?

Did you get the visa?

My Details:

Interview Date : 13 th June 2013

got 221g blue at chennai

Docs Submitted : 20th June 2013 (all docs except passport)

Today I got email with subject : Document Status

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Mahesh/Yshu/Jagan,

I m in the same situation now. to an email saying "your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate", but the visa status has not been updated. I have the passport with me. I am quite nervous. What does this mean? Is this a negative response? I would be glad to get any reply, please advice. Thanks. 

Hi Mahesh/Yshu/Jagan,

I m in the same situation now. to an email saying "your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate", but the visa status has not been updated. I have the passport with me. I am quite nervous. What does this mean? Is this a negative response? I would be glad to get any reply, please advice. Thanks. 

When you have your passport with you your visa status will not be updated. You need to wait to get a response from consulate. Don't conclude anything now.

• 7 months later...

Hi Mahesh, 

So you went to the same location where they asked to collect your passport (but you had your passport with you) and you collected all your documents. ?

Again do you have to fill the new DS-160 and pay the amount to the US consulate ? 

Please respond immediately because I'm in the same situation and I received an email yesterday to collect my passport whereas I hold my passport with me. 

Thanks 

• 4 years later...

Hi

I got 214b from hyderabad consulate and after two days I got the below mail from consulate.

Your documents have been collected from US Embassy/Consulate.The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location: 

Can anyone please tel me what does this mean?During Interview VO returned the passport to me.

• 3 months later...