Two I-797 - Can I go to H1 Stamping

kash

Hi ,

I am on H1b from past 3 years and its going 2 expire in Jan 14....I did apply for Extension making sure that it starts immediately. Today i got approval with date starting from jan 2014. My question is ...Can i go to stamping as i already booked slot.  If so will there be any problems?

Thanks

Hi ,

I am on H1b from past 3 years and its going 2 expire in Jan 14....I did apply for Extension making sure that it starts immediately. Today i got approval with date starting from jan 2014. My question is ...Can i go to stamping as i already booked slot.  If so will there be any problems?

Thanks

You can go for stamping. It would be better if you go in the December time frame, which would avoid unnecessary questions during the interview regarding early visa renewal. I did the same in Dec 2012 while my H1 Extension was about to start in Janurary. The will issue the visa from the date of the interview till the expiration date on the H1 renewal petition while cancelling the old visa/visa's. All the best!

Hi ,

Thanks

There will not be any problem if you have all required documents.

You can go for stamping. It would be better if you go in the December time frame, which would avoid unnecessary questions during the interview regarding early visa renewal. I did the same in Dec 2012 while my H1 Extension was about to start in Janurary. The will issue the visa from the date of the interview till the expiration date on the H1 renewal petition while cancelling the old visa/visa's. All the best!

There will not be any problem if you have all required documents.

Thank you guys for the reply..... I sthere any spefic date given on ur visa stamping saying that it will start from specific date?... Because I am on extension my attorney suggested that there would not be any problem if i go with 2 I -797 in hand. 

Thank you guys for the reply..... I sthere any spefic date given on ur visa stamping saying that it will start from specific date?... Because I am on extension my attorney suggested that there would not be any problem if i go with 2 I -797 in hand. 

The new Visa will have the start date as of your interview date. 

Archived