221G Green in Toronto July 29

Earnest

Hello I was give a 221G Green slip on  July 29 after attending the interview; i am on EVC model and MS in US. After 2 days i got a email on  July 31 asking for all the documents which submitted for H1B. I submitted everything including client letter, vendor and employer letters and employer details etc. after a week , they contacted my client manager on Aug 9 and confirmed my employment. Since then i didn't have a reply and and have no clue whats going on their side, its been a month since they contacted client and i don't know what are they waiting for.Here are my concerns and questions.

-> I have my passport with me and a multiple entry visa to Canada, is it ok to leave for India and come back when summoned.

-> My original I797 is with consulate, should i  ask them for it and take back with me to India, will they need it? or will i need it for entering canada again(Just to show purpose), please do suggest.

-> Is it a good idea to withdraw petition from toronto and apply again in india so that i wont need to travel back here?

-> And finally  i hardly saw anybody getting 221G green slip in these forums; is it a bad thing?

Please do let me know your thoughts or any further questions reg my situation.

Hello Earnest,

1) It is better to leave for INDIA and then come back again to canada when you get an email from the consulate. I did the same

2) The consulate will not give your 797. they give it back to you only if your visa is approved. you do not need that when travlling back to canada again, you can show them the email that consulate sent to you to attend interview or provide passport again.

3) I would suggest to continue processing with toronto, not sure about the processing time they take to transfer your case to consulate in INDIA.

4) not sure about the green 221g slip

All the Best

Hi Earnest,

I am in the same boat. I had my interview on Aug 8th and i was given a yellow slip. Consulate contacted my client three days after my interview but nothin since then and my status is also not updated. Also they did not approach me for submitting any letters or documents yet. I am in EVC model as well and thinking of the same options as you. seem to understand that its a waiting game. Sorry to hear that its been that long.

@Rahul  Sorry i didn't make my statement clear; i am not talking about interview fee; what i am saying is i can fly back to Canada for stamping(i.e to submit the passport) , but not for re appearing the interview and again waiting for the decision another week or two in Canada.

Well, you don't have any other option dude.

That's why visa interview in the third country consulates is not encouraged.

Hi my  "Case Update Date: " Changed to 12-Sept-2013 , but status is still in AP , do you guys know why it happens?

HI Earnest,

My interview was a week after your but my status still shows the date of my interview. It is a gud sign that ur case was updated and there was some initiative, but still its admin processing which would take time or you could be close to being issued Visa. So maybe hold your though of going to India and see if you get your visa then. Gud luck

@Univer  Thank you, i am planning to comeback again , so will see how it goes , do you know within how many days should we submit the passport when they ask for us to do so? Can i stay an extra week in India if they asked for the passport?

HI Earnest,

From what I know, you can come back after 2 or 3 weeks from when they respond to submit your passport because you have been grated the Visa and it should not have any specific date for you to submit. I would suggest you check with a lawyer just to be on the safe side. 

HI Earnest,

From what I know, you can come back after 2 or 3 weeks from when they respond to submit your passport because you have been grated the Visa and it should not have any specific date for you to submit. I would suggest you check with a lawyer just to be on the safe side. 

Hi,

Please contact me to the email on my profile. I can help answer few questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived