bottom portion of I-797 approval (including I-94) lost

chemi123

I lost the bottom portion of my H1-B approval form (I-797) which includes the I-94 and the employee copy of the approval.

I am planning to travel to India in November.

1) Do I need the original I-94 to turn in at the port of exit while leaving the country or just a copy is sufficient for the airlines to report my leaving the country.

2) Do I need the original I-797 for H1B stamping? I told my employer that I lost the original and so they gave me the top portion of the approval. Will that be sufficient?

I know I can get a duplicate of both the forms by applying to USCIS but I am not sure I will be able to receive the replacements before my travel date. Also Do I need to spend $800+ on these documents if I dont have to have those.

Please reply

1) Do I need the original I-94 to turn in at the port of exit while leaving the country or just a copy is sufficient for the airlines to report my leaving the country.

Just a copy is sufficient 

2) Do I need the original I-797 for H1B stamping? I told my employer that I lost the original and so they gave me the top portion of the approval. Will that be sufficient?

No, you dont need bottom portion of I-797 for H1B stamping as long as you have original upper portion.

Archived