Converting L1B to L1A

george01

Since November 2008, I am in US with L1B Visa. While filing the Visa my designation was Project Manager, but initial petition was filed as Project lead. By the begining of next year I will be completing 5 years in US. Please clarify my below queries.

1). I am planning to convert my Visa from L1B to L1A this year. Is it a problem for getting the petition approval as my initial petition was filed as Project lead even if my designation was Project Manager at that time. Please suggest me whether I can apply for L1A without any issues.     

2). If I file Green Card before my L1B Visa expires, whether I can continue in US even after 5 years. I heard that L1B Visa extension after 5 years is not possible based on Green Card filing status.

3). My last L1B extension is approved till Oct 2014, but I will be completing 5 years by the begining of next year after recapturing all my out of country stays during this period. In this case is it possible for me to continue in US till Oct 2014 even if it is more than 5 years.    

Please review my below query and let me know your view in this.

Since November 2008, I am in US with L1B Visa. While filing the Visa my designation was Project Manager, but initial petition was filed as Project lead. By the begining of next year I will be completing 5 years in US. Please clarify my below queries.

1). I am planning to convert my Visa from L1B to L1A this year. Is it a problem for getting the petition approval as my initial petition was filed as Project lead even if my designation was Project Manager at that time. Please suggest me whether I can apply for L1A without any issues.     

2). If I file Green Card before my L1B Visa expires, whether I can continue in US even after 5 years. I heard that L1B Visa extension after 5 years is not possible based on Green Card filing status.

3). My last L1B extension is approved till Oct 2014, but I will be completing 5 years by the begining of next year after recapturing all my out of country stays during this period. In this case is it possible for me to continue in US till Oct 2014 even if it is more than 5 years

• 2 weeks later...

Archived