Case in Acceptance Status even after 1 month. Is this normal?

verruckterGeck

My husband's PD is June 26, 2007 in EB2. His AOS was already filed. We sent in the AOS application and other stuff (EAD/AP) to USCIS and they received it on Aug 1. Got the receipt notices for all applications on Aug 13th. The application received date on the receipts is Aug 1. Once we got the receipt the attorneys sent the letter/email to USCIS to adjudicate my husband's case. There upon, they sent an RFE on his application. Asking for latest employment verification letter (he changed companies during this time). 140 from the new employer is also approved and the PD was interlinked/maintained. 

The EAD and AP application status shows as Initial Review but the AOS case status is still in Acceptance. Is this normal? Has anyone faced this? I still don't have my fingerprinting appointment and the case is still in Acceptance status.

Acceptance

On August 7, 2013, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

It also says that 

The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received.

Any ideas?

Archived