H1B stamping in CAP-GAP OPT

Sruthi01

Hi,

Currently I am in CAP-GAP opt. I did master in Engineering(computers as major) & Bachelores in Information Techonology.

I am working in IT as a developer under EVC model from past 2 years 6 months. My H1B got approved in April 2013.

My H1B starts from Oct 1st. I am planning to go for stamping on sep 23rd to vancover and return back on 1st Oct to United States if everything goes well.

Is it safe for me to go for stamping with my current situation.

Please advise.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Sruthi

Hi Sruthi

am in the same situation as well, my stem opt ends in the end of October, but I am going to Jamaica

as far as I know everything should be fine as the interview schedule is in the end of sept and return date is October 1st.... I know couple of my friends going at the same time for stamping

but my case is bit different, I am working with A(EEVC)  employer on my stem opt and H1B is filed by B(EVC) employer. so I am bit confused on what kind of documents I need to carry and what questions I will be asked at the time of Interview..

Hi,

Currently I am in CAP-GAP opt. I did master in Engineering(computers as major) & Bachelores in Information Techonology.
I am working in IT as a developer under EVC model from past 2 years 6 months. My H1B got approved in April 2013.
My H1B starts from Oct 1st. I am planning to go for stamping on sep 23rd to vancover and return back on 1st Oct to United States if everything goes well.
Please advise.

Regards,
Sruthi

You should be fine. But, when you enter US with H1B you need to stop working till your start date of Oct 1st 2013.

Hi,

Please advise.

Regards,
Sruthi

Yes, you are good to go.

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick response. I do have one more concern ,As per my End client policy they don't issue any kind of letters for contractors.

Does  proof of  badge, email conversations, time-sheets, Project letter from vendor,SOW between vendor and client will be a substitutes for the end-client letter.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Sruthi

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick response. I do have one more concern ,As per my End client policy they don't issue any kind of letters for contractors.
Does  proof of  badge, email conversations, time-sheets, Project letter from vendor,SOW between vendor and client will be a substitutes for the end-client letter.
Please let me know.

Regards,
Sruthi

To be frank, their is no substitute for client letter.

Hi All,

Please let me know.

Regards,
Sruthi

As rahul412 suggested end letter is absolutely needed. If the end client refuses to give you a client letter due to company policy just get a mail from them stating the same. Also, carry all other documents and proofs you had mentioned.

To be frank, their is no substitute for client letter.

Hi All,

Please let me know.

Regards,
Sruthi

Actually you can take a mail confirmation from you Manager stating "As per company policy No Letters are provided for contractors". This worked previously in various cases. So give it a try.

Hi All,

End client is very strict about their policy. They are not issuing any kind of letters to contractors.

I do have an email from Client HR in below format.

Hello aaa,

I am sending you the request email stating that "client abc" does not provide any kind of letter to Contingent Worker employees as per "client abc" policy, instead all Contingent Worker Letters requests have to be handle via Contingent’s Employer.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Best regards.

HR Manager

Please advise if  this email works from client along with documents I mentioned earlier .

Or I have to change the client for client letter.

Regards,

Sruthi

Hi All,

End client is very strict about their policy. They are not issuing any kind of letters to contractors.
I do have an email from Client HR in below format.

Hello aaa,

I am sending you the request email stating that "client abc" does not provide any kind of letter to Contingent Worker employees as per "client abc" policy, instead all Contingent Worker Letters requests have to be handle via Contingent’s Employer.
I hope this information is helpful for you.

Best regards.
HR Manager

Please advise if  this email works from client along with documents I mentioned earlier .
Or I have to change the client for client letter.

Regards,
Sruthi

Should be more than enough. Wait for other members opinion too

• 2 weeks later...

I got my visa approved thanks for every one who helped me in getting this done.

When can I re-enter to USA. Do I have to wait till oct 1st to re-enter to USA.

You said that you couldn't get the client letter so did you attend without client letter??

You can enter into US now since Oct 1st is just few days from now.

Here is my conversation with VO
VO : Hi
Sruthi : Hello Good Morning
VO:Goodmorning
VO:are you here for your h1b
sruthi: yes
VO who is your employer
Sruthi:aaa inc
VO:how long you have been with aaa
sruthi:from 6 months
VO:did you study here
Sruthi:yes
VO:what did you do?
Sruthi: I completed my masters
VO:which university
Sruthi: aaa
VO:wht degree
Sruthi:masters in engineering
VO:which engineering
Sruthi:computer engineering
VO:do you work for a client
Sruthi yes
VO:who is your client
Sruthi: aaa
VO:where are they located.
Sruthi: texas
VO:wht do you do
Sruthi:I am java developer. I do java/j2ee programming.
VO:well I dont know abt java/j2ee software
Sruthi:on high level overview my proj name is ..... explained my completed proj in generalized way.
VO:typed some thing
at this time i am confident that my visa got approved.
VO:Did you work for other employer in OPT.
Sruthi:yesI worked for bbb
VO:can i see your latest paystubs and lca
Sruthi:gave
VO:typed something in computer and said congratulations your visa got approved.
Sruthi:thank you .

If VO asked me about client letter I thought of giving
(vendor letter,
welcome email from my client supervisor when I joined the client with his signature,
email from HR stating they don't issue client letter,
badge,
my complete working details from client portal(screenshot) all stapled together.

this worked for me and my  friend. If we provide our supervisor details at client location then it wont be any problem.
In this case the supervisor at client location should be able to answer the following in case in if we got a query.

1) Who (you/preferred vendor/petitioner) supervises the applicant, and is such supervision off-site or on-site?  
A) Employer Inc.. supervises all activities of applicant (sruthi) from off-site.   

2) If the supervision is off-site and performed by the petitioner, how does the petitioner maintain such supervision i.e. weekly calls, reporting to the main office routinely, or site visits by the petitioner? Please provide an example.
A) It is my understanding that she has weekly conferences with her employer regarding the assignments ,upon which she is working off-site. 

3) Who has the right to control the work of the applicant on a day-to-day basis if such control is required?  Please provide an example.
A) Employer Inc. has the right to control of the applicant’s work related activities.

4) Who determines the direction of the project?
A) The direction of the project determined by us but keeping in mind that the control of the applicant’s daily activities is the sole responsibility of the Employer Inc.

5) Who determines the applicant’s daily activities?  Please provide an example.
A) Daily activities are monitored by her consulting company, Employer Inc.,  with feedback from the applicant. 
   Some of the daily activities performed by Sruthi at our site are:
  aaa...

6) Who provides the tools or instrumentalities for the applicant to perform the duties of employment?
A) She will be using the software provided by us here since we are multinational information technology corporation and we have strict policies related to security issues. 
  Employer Inc.. provides necessary tools for her training purpose at off-site.

7) Who hires, pays, and has the ability to fire the applicant?
A)  Employer Inc.

8) Who claims the beneficiary for tax purposes?
A) Employer Inc.

9) Who provides the beneficiary with employee benefits?
A) Employer Inc.

Best Regards,

Sruthi

Archived