H1B TO H1B TO H4B

swarnalathan

Hello all,

I need your help and suggestions. I have gone through the form regarding my issue but i am trying to find specific answers.

I came to US on H4b visa and applied for H1b and got approved in last year quota - Oct 2012. I have not worked since as i was pregnant and my employer asked me to send a letter from doctor to this effect. Now i dont want to work for some more time and want to file for transfer to h4b. I understand that i have to file for change of status I 539 for this.

As i havent worked on my h1b for so long and applying for COS now, will there be any issues.

Thanks,

Swarnalatha 

Hello all,

I need your help and suggestions. I have gone through the form regarding my issue but i am trying to find specific answers.

I came to US on H4b visa and applied for H1b and got approved in last year quota - Oct 2012. I have not worked since as i was pregnant and my employer asked me to send a letter from doctor to this effect. Now i dont want to work for some more time and want to file for transfer to h4b. I understand that i have to file for change of status I 539 for this.

As i havent worked on my h1b for so long and applying for COS now, will there be any issues.

Thanks,

Swarnalatha 

My understanding is you did not work from October 1st 2012 to Sept 4th 2013. Am I right? Did your employer pay your salary during this period? If not you are in deep trouble. Contact an attorney asap before you think about filing a COS to H4. 

Archived