What is the possibilities for acquiring company to file for New H1B?

elango1234

Dear team,

Thanks for your service. I recently ( July 8th 2013 ) joined company A ( has multinational presence ) and my F1 OPT expires on April 30th 2014.

Knowing my situation, company A agreed to sponsor & file for my new H1B on April 5th 2014. If everything goes well, I can work for same company till Oct 1st 2013 on CAP GAP and from then onwards with H1B visa.

But shockingly, Today Company A  announced, it has agreed to be acquired by Company B.
Suppose if I get moved to Company B as part of acquisition, I have below mentioned questions. Please clarify.

As part of acquisition,is that company B would have planned as what do to for the employee like me as how to sponsor for new H1B apart from what they have planned for thier existing employee?
Would they be actually interested in taking FI-OPT employee like me and sponsor for visa ?
if at all planned to sponsor, what are all the possibilities for USCIS reject my visa approval ?

Dear team,

Thanks for your service. I recently ( July 8th 2013 ) joined company A ( has multinational presence ) and my F1 OPT expires on April 30th 2014.

Knowing my situation, company A agreed to sponsor & file for my new H1B on April 5th 2014. If everything goes well, I can work for same company till Oct 1st 2013 on CAP GAP and from then onwards with H1B visa.

But shockingly, Today Company A  announced, it has agreed to be acquired by Company B.

Suppose if I get moved to Company B as part of acquisition, I have below mentioned questions. Please clarify.

As part of acquisition,is that company B would have planned as what do to for the employee like me as how to sponsor for new H1B apart from what they have planned for thier existing employee?

Would they be actually interested in taking FI-OPT employee like me and sponsor for visa ?

if at all planned to sponsor, what are all the possibilities for USCIS reject my visa approval ?

I do not know the answer about Company B's interest in sponsoring a H1B visa. You have to ask them.

If everything is good you should be fine.

You have to ask this question to your new employer(company B). Ask them whether they are interested in sponsoring H1 for you or not.

Dear Members,

Thanks for the reply. I will check with HR to see how it goes. But in meanwhile i have other question.

Suppose if the acquiring company B is not willing or having problem to sponsor my visa.
Suppose I have been fired out of company (A or B) for n number of reasons.

How many  days I can stay in US and search for another job while I am in my F1-OPT ?

Archived