H1 approved without change of status (1 797 B)


Recommended Posts



Right now i am on F-1 OPT (CAP -GAP) , my employer filled h1b for me without change of status(I 797B) by mistake (he forgot to mentioned change of status in form ) . Is it mandatory to file amendment for this or is it OK if i leave USA before my CAP-GAP expitred  and do stamping in India ? 


Even though i go to India , is it necessary to file amendment ?






Link to comment

Generally, if an H1b petition is approved for consular notification the beneficiary must apply for an H1B visa at a U.S. consulate in his/her home country. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case and to determine what action is required in your case.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.