Re: Expiring Visa Screening while priority date is current

Hello Friends,

I have my priority date current for June 11 bulletin. My priority date is 14 Aug 2006 for EB2. I am a physical therapist by profession and my Visa screening issued by ICDEL is expiring on Dec 20, 2011. My question is, do i need to renew the visa screening certificate? Or I am good as my priority date is current before my visa screening expire. To renew the visa screening, the ICDEL request to apply atleast 6 months ago. I don't know what to do? as If i need to renew, than i need to appear for TOEFL again and i really hate that part. Please advise. I would greatly appreciate your comments.

please consult a lawyer.

it is best to prepare for visa screen renewal as dates might retrogressed or delays with one's application might occur.

Originally posted by sneham:

Hello Friends,

I have my priority date current for June 11 bulletin. My priority date is 14 Aug 2006 for EB2. I am a physical therapist by profession and my Visa screening issued by ICDEL is expiring on Dec 20, 2011. My question is, do i need to renew the visa screening certificate? Or I am good as my priority date is current before my visa screening expire. To renew the visa screening, the ICDEL request to apply atleast 6 months ago. I don't know what to do? as If i need to renew, than i need to appear for TOEFL again and i really hate that part. Please advise. I would greatly appreciate your comments.

• 2 months later...

Hi Snehman, For the purposes of filing your green card, did u go through getting a separate credential evaluation done specially for filing under EB2 or were you able to use your credential evalaution for licensure as an evidence that you qualify under EB 2? Not sure if your education was from India or here in US? Thoughts appreciated.

Archived