H1B Amendment validity dates and client project end-date.

nightshade

My end-client changed and my employer filed an H1-B amendment. The project with this new client only lasts until Feb 2014. However, our lawyer requested a validity period until Nov 2014 (based on the i-94 in my current i-797 approval). They mentioned in my petition that my employer will be filing further amendments for any future projects. 

The USCIS issued an RFE stating that "the Change Request shows a project end date before the end of the requested validity dates. Without additional contractual documentation USCIS is unable to determine the duration, availability of details of the specialty work to be performed by the beneficiary." 

What's the best way to address this? In our response, is it possible to now request the USCIS to grant us an amendment valid only until the project end-date (Feb 2014)? Are there any alternatives to this, since it would it would give me very little time to transition to a future project. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

My end-client changed and my employer filed an H1-B amendment. The project with this new client only lasts until Feb 2014. However, our lawyer requested a validity period until Nov 2014 (based on the i-94 in my current i-797 approval). They mentioned in my petition that my employer will be filing further amendments for any future projects. 

The USCIS issued an RFE stating that "the Change Request shows a project end date before the end of the requested validity dates. Without additional contractual documentation USCIS is unable to determine the duration, availability of details of the specialty work to be performed by the beneficiary." 

What's the best way to address this? In our response, is it possible to now request the USCIS to grant us an amendment valid only until the project end-date (Feb 2014)? Are there any alternatives to this, since it would it would give me very little time to transition to a future project. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

let your employer and attorney decide on replying to this. (actually it should be until Feb 2014 only)

Archived