H1B Visa: Aug 9 Experience Vancouver

dcrao

Hi Guys,

Here is my visa experience. I went to counter 3 which is very short(about 1 min). The person who was before me at this counter was interviewed about 20 mins as she doesn't have client letter but she also got visa approved.

VO: Good morning.

Me: Good morning, handed passport, I787 doc to VO

Vo: How long with your employer?

me: x years y months

VO: How long with client?

me: over z years

VO: What did you do in XXX university, seeing at his computer?(May be checking my DS-160)

me: Masters in Applied Computer Science

VO: asked for client letter and LCA

me: gave

VO: He was very quick to compare both the docs, asked where do I live?(I have 2 employment address in LCA, employer and Client)

me: said, I live at Client address

VO: He was very quick to compare both the docs(Client letter & LCA), he asked, why there are change of vendors?

me: Said my first vendor got bankrupt and client provided list of preferred vendors and then my employer choose this guy as he has good relationship....

VO: Your visa is approved, collect your passport in 3-5 business days.

me: Thank you sir and left.

2 other guys who are staying with me here got 221G(both went to counter 4) as one of them's PIMS info has not updated and for the other guy, he didn't bring his LCA blindly following employer and not checking the documents sent by employer.

2 counters for H1B. After security check, you will be allotted a unique number on 3rd floor. Then you will be at counter 1 on same floor for finger prints. Then you will be moved to 20th floor where the actual interview will take place. Its not the random process. The next number will be called at the available counter. Counter 4 lady is not a devil. She has no intentions to screw up. She verifies a lot of information than the guy at counter number 3. She will approve as long as you have all the docs that does not mean that you need to have client letter but some sort of documents to prove that you work at that client if at all you are on EVC model.

How many counters are there? Is it random selection? Is there much more scrutiny at counter 4?

why did you get into that assumption that counter 4 is not good. If your history, employer history, all your documentation is good then any counter it doesn't matter.

and fyi counter selection is not random its by serial number and the availability of counters

why did you get into that assumption that counter 4 is not good. If your history, employer history, all your documentation is good then any counter it doesn't matter.

and fyi counter selection is not random its by serial number and the availability of counters

My presumption came from the assumption of the other guys who have been to the visa office in vancouver, they have responded mentioning that the lady at counter 4 is difficult compared to others. She is rigorous in her process.

My presumption came from the assumption of the other guys who have been to the visa office in vancouver, they have responded mentioning that the lady at counter 4 is difficult compared to others. She is rigorous in her process.

other guys case and yours might be same and might not(If somebody is asked more questions doesn't mean that everyone is asked the same questions).

what ever counter you go your answers remain same any questions asked, so why to bother about the counters, Leave all these doubts and carry all documents with you

Archived