221(g) blue slip - stucked in India - things are left in USA.

gitasankar

Hi,

I stayed in US from 2006 to 2013. I appeared for the H1B visa interview at Chennai on July 23 2013. I provided all the documents whatever asked by VO during the interview. VO collected the below documents from me:

1) Original client letter,

2) Original latest H1B petition and other latest H1B related documents (LCA and etc.),

3) Copies of all my H1B petitions right from beginning of my US stay (2006 to 2013),

4) Copy of my latest W2 and

5) Copy of my GC I-140. 

But still they given me 221(g) blue slip. They returned my passport also. They told me that they need some more time to make decision on my case. Then I tracked the status in online and its saying Administrative Processing. I am not sure what are all the things they will check on my case and how long this is going to take. US Consulate or USCIS haven't yet contacted my client to verify about my employment so far. Its been 3 weeks now. 

But my main problem here is that, I came on 2 weeks vacation from my job. So I left my car, apartment and other things in US itself. I parked my car in JFK airport. My apartment lease is going to end in the next month. I have all my stuffs as it is on my apartment. Now I am stucked in India because of this 221 g. I am trying to find out any possible way to travel to US as visitor or any other visa to vacate my apartment, sell the car and do all the required stuffs to close my accounts in US.  If any one have any idea on this, please help me on this. 

Thanks. 

Hi,

I stayed in US from 2006 to 2013. I appeared for the H1B visa interview at Chennai on July 23 2013. I provided all the documents whatever asked by VO during the interview. VO collected the below documents from me:

1) Original client letter,

2) Original latest H1B petition and other latest H1B related documents (LCA and etc.),

3) Copies of all my H1B petitions right from beginning of my US stay (2006 to 2013),

4) Copy of my latest W2 and

5) Copy of my GC I-140. 

But still they given me 221(g) blue slip. They returned my passport also. They told me that they need some more time to make decision on my case. Then I tracked the status in online and its saying Administrative Processing. I am not sure what are all the things they will check on my case and how long this is going to take. US Consulate or USCIS haven't yet contacted my client to verify about my employment so far. Its been 3 weeks now. 

But my main problem here is that, I came on 2 weeks vacation from my job. So I left my car, apartment and other things in US itself. I parked my car in JFK airport. My apartment lease is going to end in the next month. I have all my stuffs as it is on my apartment. Now I am stucked in India because of this 221 g. I am trying to find out any possible way to travel to US as visitor or any other visa to vacate my apartment, sell the car and do all the required stuffs to close my accounts in US.  If any one have any idea on this, please help me on this. 

Thanks. 

Dont Worry...Blue slip is a common thing in Chennai... they will just verify the docs u submitted and will ask u to submit ur passport...

my cousin got it in around 4 weeks... 

Generally things are slow in india.... Dont worry about the car and apt... call any of ur frnds near by JFK and ask them to take care of them....All you could do is wait and pray...My Heart goes out... May the force be with you......

reply here when u get the good news

Here is what I would have done-

1. Call you friend or someone around airport and ask them to pick car and keep that in their parking lot.

2. Convert car from Operating to PNO -Planned Non Operation from today's date to next 3 months. And call insurance company to cancel insurance. That way you an avoid paying insurance for car which you are not using.

3. Ask any of your friends to pack your things in cartons and clean your apt for handover and place your stuff in public storage or in their apartment. If leasing company finds your stuff in their apt, they will charge cleaning costs and abandonment charges from you and these could be 500-1500 easily.

4. Ask your friends to return the keys to leasing office with required explanation.

When you are back in here, you can start car insurance and change status from PNO to operational for car.

Then you can pick your stuff.. stay in hotel or with friends for few days and then lease your own apartment.

Blue slip does get resolved but it takes 2-10 weeks to get resolved so no use paying $1200+ when you are not earning any.

Hi  ANDHRA STUDENT F1-OPT-H1B,

Thanks for your reply. I will update here once I get good news.

do you have any idea whether I can apply for visitor visa when my 221 g is in process?. If the VO ask me the reason for the visitor visa, i can tell them that I need to take care of my car, apartment and other stuffs since I am stucked in India. 

Thanks again.

I dont think its a good IDEA to go for visitor visa when ur 221g is in process... Be Patient...Everyone knows what your are going thru..all we could do is Pray and wait... 

Do as soon as possible as h1b_life suggested .... start working on those things... 

I would suggest WAIT . I faced similar situation when i was in india, even i got all these stingy decisions in my mind , but trust me , you will get through this . Dont apply for visitor visa, it will for sure get you in trouble and things can go from bad to worse .

I have got reply from consulate after 7 weeks to submit my PP . So even for you it would not take more than 3 months max . 

Hi rsriyans..

Thanks for your reply on my post.. 

My client got an inquiry from USCIS or US Consulate or some third party agency about employment verification. My client manager responded to their email and he got call also with few questions about my employment. does any one know how many more weeks it will take to get call from Chennai Consulate since they completed the employment verification with my client?

Archived