Can I go for H1 Stamping when I am still in OPT

san69

Hi, 

I  am on OPT and I got my H1 and I am planning to go for visa stamping in this month or early next month if possible.

I see that there is a rule that a person can enter into US on H1 B only 10 days prior to october after the stamping is done. Will it be even applicable if we are on OPT.

Thanks.

Hi, 

I  am on OPT and I got my H1 and I am planning to go for visa stamping in this month or early next month if possible.

I see that there is a rule that a person can enter into US on H1 B only 10 days prior to october after the stamping is done. Will it be even applicable if we are on OPT.

Thanks.

Yes, you can. Once you enter into US on H1 your F1 is gone so OPT becomes invalid.

So Rahul, my question is I am not clear when you said yes you can.

Do you mean that if my H1 stamping is done in Aug end,  I can enter immediately after my stamping is done but that I will not be on OPT, will my Cap Gap be valid then?

Thanks.

So Rahul, my question is I am not clear when you said yes you can.

Do you mean that if my H1 stamping is done in Aug end,  I can enter immediately after my stamping is done but that I will not be on OPT, will my Cap Gap be valid then?

Thanks.

I don't know how early you can enter into US on H1. But if you enter on H1 visa,then your OPT and cap gap is gone. You will be on H1.

Archived