H4 to F1 visa -Financial documents from sponsors

chandrakalat

Hi,

I will be joining business school for MBA and would be converting from H4 to F1 visa.I have listed my husband and parents as my sponsors.My I20 has "family" listed in source of funds.

Should I file I134 form for each of them or is bank statements from each sufficient?

Any input is appreciated?

Thanks,

Chandrakala 

Hi,

I will be joining business school for MBA and would be converting from H4 to F1 visa.I have listed my husband and parents as my sponsors.My I20 has "family" listed in source of funds.

Should I file I134 form for each of them or is bank statements from each sufficient?

Any input is appreciated?

Thanks,

Chandrakala 

I am not sure if you can use the I 134 for your parents assuming that they are not US citizens/permanent residents/visa holders. In any case, I 134 is not mandatory. I applied for a change of status from F2 to F1. All I sent was charted accountant statement, and affidavits of support drawn on Indian stamp papers.

Make it easier for the immigration officer reviewing your case by providing cover page to every document.

Thanks hornofgondor. Writing cover letter is a nice idea.

Sonia: I am showing total $ amount on I20/number of sponsors. Each sponsor amount does not matter.

You should obviously write a cover letter indicating your reason for the application (i.e what changed since last you entered US) and your future plans with your degree.

What I said is its better to prepare a cover page for all the documents. Say for example if you are showing your father's land documents as support, you should include a cover page on top of it which says something like Applicant's Father's Land Documents. This would make it easier for the officer to review the case (in case you are planning to send in a lot of document just like me).

Archived