L1B Visa to H1B Visa Transfering

nkasamy

Hi,

I am in a critical situation transfering L1B to H1B Visa as some of my friends are scaring me that I have few questions below. Please suggest and do the needful ASAP.

1. I came in to USA through A Company on L1B Visa valid until Nov 2013 and I have got H1B Visa approved on DEC 2012 through B Company valid until April 2015 whereas, I am still working with A Company on L1B Visa.

2. Will i get any issues if i resign to A Company holding L1B Vsa and move to B Company holding H1B Visa ?

3. Can i transfer my H1B Visa from B company to C company using my L1B PAYSLIPS with A Company since, i didn't have any H1B PAYSLIPS with B Company so far?

4. Does it impact on applying I-485 form in the future If I transfer my H1B Visa from B company to C company using my L1B PAYSLIPS with A Company ?

Please do reply me ASAP.....

Thanks,

Sam

Hi,

I am in a critical situation transfering L1B to H1B Visa as some of my friends are scaring me that I have few questions below. Please suggest and do the needful ASAP.

1. I came in to USA through A Company on L1B Visa valid until Nov 2013 and I have got H1B Visa approved on DEC 2012 through B Company valid until April 2015 whereas, I am still working with A Company on L1B Visa.

2. Will i get any issues if i resign to A Company holding L1B Vsa and move to B Company holding H1B Visa ?

3. Can i transfer my H1B Visa from B company to C company using my L1B PAYSLIPS with A Company since, i didn't have any H1B PAYSLIPS with B Company so far?

4. Does it impact on applying I-485 form in the future If I transfer my H1B Visa from B company to C company using my L1B PAYSLIPS with A Company ?

Please do reply me ASAP.....

Thanks,

Sam

Sam...If your H1 was approved as COS (i.e I797 came with I94) you are out of status and in deep trouble.You should have joined B the day it was approved. I would suggest talk to an attorney asap.

If it was approved as CP then you can not join B unless you get your H1 stamped and you are good.You can get the H1 stamped and come back and join B.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I have question regarding L1B to H1B status. I am currently working with company A on L1B status. I also filed my L1b to H1b conversion through employer B this year which got approved in May 2014 and it will be in effect from October 2014. Now I am planning to resign from company A on August 30, 2014 with a notice of 1 month. I would like to understand the risk if I resign one month prior to joining to employer B. I mean what would be the case if employer A relieves me same day when I resign. Will my L1B status get revoked and will I be out of status? Will I have to leave USA in this scenario and get my H1b stamped to come back to USA? Or even if employer A accepts my resignation and relieves me the same day August 30, 2014, my L1B status will still be valid until September 30, 2014?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Azhar

Archived