New H1 Petition while old one in Admin Process

Sudhakar0204

Hi Forum Members

I have attended for H1b visa interview in the month of Jan-2013 at chennai consulate but my case has been kept on 221g administrative processing.

Till now even after 7 months,  i don't hear any update from the consulate. And my earlier petition is going to expire by March-2014.

Now i am planning to apply for a new petition with a different employer.

Shall i attend the interview with the new approved petition from a different employer while the earlier one in Admin process? 

Do i need to write to the consulate for withdrawal of my old petition? or shall i proceed for the interiview with the new petition?

Kindly provide your updates..

Regards

Sudhakar

Thanks for your update Jairichi. Nothing has changed in my circumustances. Inface i got the H1b stamping in 2008 but didn't travel. And in 2013 its been kept on admin process with query frm VO that,

Having a non technical academic qualification, how did you become an IT consultant? (this is the question i got from him, though with a lengthy explination he didn't get convinced and said it requires further processing on my application).

I feel its just a predetermined thought of the VO that day. Otherwise when my credentials didn't matter for the H1 in 2008, how does it matter in 2013. And with the same type of credentials (MBA and working as Oracle ERP Functional consultant) there are many other people going on H1.

Thats why i am thinking of giving a try again.

Regards 

Thanks for your update Jairichi. Nothing has changed in my circumustances. Inface i got the H1b stamping in 2008 but didn't travel. And in 2013 its been kept on admin process with query frm VO that,

Having a non technical academic qualification, how did you become an IT consultant? (this is the question i got from him, though with a lengthy explination he didn't get convinced and said it requires further processing on my application).

I feel its just a predetermined thought of the VO that day. Otherwise when my credentials didn't matter for the H1 in 2008, how does it matter in 2013. And with the same type of credentials (MBA and working as Oracle ERP Functional consultant) there are many other people going on H1.

Thats why i am thinking of giving a try again.

Regards 

Think about what will you fill out in DS 160 form if there is a question asking "did you have any previous US VISA rejections".

Anyone applying for a H1B visa is under a high magnifying lens now. If your non-IT background did not matter them in 2008 it does not mean that you are no more scrutinized on this part. Perhaps this is the reason. If you check other posts here you will find applicants getting RFE about their education qualifications and its relevance to the H1B job. I would suggest you to consult your employer's attorney or take the help of an attorney from Murthy's before making a decision. Good luck.

Archived