I-140 approved, switching jobs

Hi,

I've an I-140 approved from my current employer and have now been offered a fte position with a reputed company. I am contemplating accepting this position as it is a direct employment vs a consulting position. My question is if i move to this position 1. would i still be able to retain my current priotiy dates? 2. If my current employer decides to cancel my I140 before my new i140 is approved does that affect my priority date scenario should it be retainable? Please let me know.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Dear 

I've an I-140 approved from my current employer and have now been offered a fte position with a reputed company. I am contemplating accepting this position as it is a direct employment vs a consulting position. My question is if i move to this position 1. would i still be able to retain my current priotiy dates? 2. If my current employer decides to cancel my I140 before my new i140 is approved does that affect my priority date scenario should it be retainable? Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Friend,

Need your kind advice on my current situation.

I am currently with an employer A with my I140 Approved (Priority date - Apr 2012) and working with a Client through another Vendor.

My H1B 6th year extension is due in Nov'13 and while applying for the extension I learnt that both Client and the Vendor are not willing to give the letters, saying that as per the policy they can not give letters.

Finally I got their emails saying the same and kept in my filing papers and which should be fine and I am not worried about the current extension as I have seen other folks in exact my situation have got the extension.

Now, My concern is, with current employer who is unable to get the client letter or even vendor letter, it would be a great risk if I go to India as I would definitely get 221g asking for client letter.

What should I do now from the below options.

1. Staying with current employer until I get EAD by hoping (By God grace I don't get any family emergency calls) not to go India until I get the EAD?

2. Switch to a Full time job and porting my current priority date with new employer ( Hoping current employer is not going to cancel my I140) and have peace of mind with India visits?

Please suggest me the best option. Also please let me know what did you do with your situation?

Thanks,

Madhav

Archived