OPT Extension RFE - no paystubs

Sachin420

Hi,

My OPT started from June 21st. I was with employer 'X' till August21st and was in training (unemployed). Then I moved to employer 'Y' from August 21st to December 12th and was on training (unemployed). Later I moved on to new consultancy 'Z' where I actually started working (have paystubs). I have submitted all employer letters to DSO.

While applying for OPT extension, I have sent only the employer 'Z' letter. Now I got a RFE asking to provide employment history form June 21st to December 31st including copies of pay stubs or pay summaries. I dont have any pay stubs from June 21st to December 12th.

Can you please urgently help me on what should I include while sending response to them.

While applying for OPT extension, I have sent only the employer 'Z' letter. Now I got a RFE asking to provide employment history form June 21st to December 31st including copies of pay stubs or pay summaries. I dont have any pay stubs from June 21st to December 12th.

Can you please urgently help me on what should I include while sending response to them.

For OPT ext, you shouldn't be unemployed for more than 90 days during your initial OPT period. In your case you didn't meet that requirement.

Unpaid "training" may be considered employment on OPT (does not apply for OPT-EXT).  The specific circumstances are important. For example, if OP reported to the employer's site and has a timesheet documenting presence and the "training" that was provided then that is very different than OP remaining at home with no documentation or actual "training".

See the DSO and perhaps an attorney depending on the actual circumstances. However, if OP was an "employee" in name only, he is up a creek without a paddle.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Even my situation is the same, i have intially joined a employer "X" and took unpaid traning then ran my pay roll for 1 month then moved to another employer "Y" where also i took unpaid traning for 3months then started my payroll, and again to Employer "Z" which is my current employer. I have updated in my university, only first and last emlpoyer not the second one. So Now in my RFE they have asked me to submit all the paystubs and related info about the job and employer from my OPT start date till today.

Can anyone suggest me how to proceed?? Should i inform about my second employer now in the pay stubs or not?? Does USCIS know about that as my pay roll ran?? My situation is very complicated. pls suggest.....

Archived