H1B transfer - Need help.

singh3

Hello All

I work for employer A and got an offer from employer B, who filed for my H1b transfer in premium. We have a neufeld RFE which employer B is responding to.

I am currently serving my notice with employer A since I resigned after I got my offer from employer B.

• Is there anything I need to be worried about?
  • If the transfer is rejected what would be my options?

Appreciate any help and directions in this regard.

Since the employer is responding to RFW, his attorney is in the best position to advise you based on the evidence being submitted.

No approval is ever guaranteed. You can worry if you want but there is nothing you personally can do.

If it is denied, find a new employer but do not become illegally present or you risk a ban. Out of status can be an issue for GC.

Thank you all for the response.

Employer B wants me to join them based on H1B portability. From the responses above, I get that I should stick to my current employer until the transfer goes through, then join the new Employer and not risk joining them now?

Employer B's lawyer does say they have all the documents, since the request was for employee-employer relation. and sounds optimistic but as t75 mentioned above nothing is ever guaranteed.

I am in a fix unable to decide which option I should go for.

Thank you all for the response.

Employer B wants me to join them based on H1B portability. From the responses above, I get that I should stick to my current employer until the transfer goes through, then join the new Employer and not risk joining them now?

Employer B's lawyer does say they have all the documents, since the request was for employee-employer relation. and sounds optimistic but as t75 mentioned above nothing is ever guaranteed.

I am in a fix unable to decide which option I should go for.

DO NOT join the new employer WITHOUT H1 approval.

Archived