PERM job desc and H1 Job desc

bin2000

Hi all,

My company is planning to apply for EB2 PERM for a future position in the company.

My current role is Software Engr and future Senior Software analyst.

The minimum requirement for future role is BS plus 5 years and I already have this exp before joining this employer.My H1 was sponsored with software engr title and requirement was BS + 2 years.

Eventhough the title ,degree requirements,experience are different between the current and future roles,

the job description is same.Will this cause any audits or RFE ?

Will DOL or USCIS check H1B petition job description during PERM or I-140?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

My company is planning to apply for EB2 PERM for a future position in the company.

The minimum requirement for future role is BS plus 5 years and I already have this exp before joining this employer.My H1 was sponsored with software engr title and requirement was BS + 2 years.

Eventhough the title ,degree requirements,experience are different between the current and future roles,

Thanks in advance.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, BS degree is not eligible for EB2. But adding your exp might make you eligible. I am not sure.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

H1 is for present employment and PERM is for future employment. It is not uncommon for PERM and H1B descriptions to be different due to nature of applications.

BS (4yr degree) + 5yr experience should qualify as EB2. Please consult qualified immigration attorney.

Archived