Colleges offering CPT in Bay area, california

ajmer1981

Hi Guys,

My H1B is about to expire in Jan, 2014 (completing 6 years).

I am thinking of joining a lesser expensive college, to be able to stay in US and continue working (on F1).

Do you have any such colleges that you can suggest, which offers CPT quickly, and which are relatively in-expensive?

Thanks!

One cannot go to a university to continue working.

The regulations say "An F-1 student may be authorized by the DSO to participate in a curricular practical training program that is an integral part of an established curriculum. Curricular practical training is defined to be alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum that is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school. "

If you have been keeping up with the news, you may have heard of some universities who were lax in their compliance with the CPT regulation and have now been shut down, their principals are facing criminal and civil liability, and their students have had moderate to severe immigration issues.

I am thinking of joining a lesser expensive college, to be able to stay in US and continue working (on F1).

You cannot work on F1. If you can then what's difference between F1 and H1??

CPT is not work, it's part of F1 program. After completing 6yrs on H1, this is what you learned??***, ************ university are in CA, you don't know why they were raided??

And remember, if you got caught working in CPT, then you have forget US.

lol..blatant abuse of visa...why do they abuse it? thats very sad. there are no loopholes like in India...if your H1b expired go back to your home country.

F1 is for studying and not for working..what you are looking for is nothing but abuse.

Loopholes exists in every country, like paying for their own GC processing.

Hi Guys,

My H1B is about to expire in Jan, 2014 (completing 6 years).

Do you have any such colleges that you can suggest, which offers CPT quickly, and which are relatively in-expensive?

Thanks!

There are NO such colleges, except for fraudulent ones. CPT is dead.

An F1 is for studying, not for working.

Such abuse of the F1 as you are trying will result in deportation and a lifelong ban.

Archived